1973 Volkswagen Thing - Resto-mod Over the top Restoration - MUST SEE
- Location: United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Thing
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 1
- VIN: 1fahp60a44y104580
- Color: Sprectremaster Green
- Engine size: 1.6l
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: White
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: Convertible, Leather Seats
1973 Volkswagen Thing description
Complete Restoration with long list of upgrades
*New white leather interior*Grant white steering wheel*New top*New retro radio*New white faced gauges*New 15" Porsche wheels w/ chrome center caps*Stainless steel dual exhaust*Door lockers*White accent windshield wipers, door handles, blinker bezels and more*LED rear tail lights
Drivetrain*Upgraded Mofoco VW engine 69mm x 90.5mm bore ($4k)*Chrome engine package*Weber progressive carburetor*Late Clutch kit*Hydraulic cam and lifter kit*Rebuilt transmission ($1k)*New axle assembly*Probiult front suspension*4 wheel disc brakes*Probuilt steering box
Way too much to list. This car isn't perfect but very, very nice. Lightly driven after no expense sparred restoration. Even the photos don't do this car justice.
Call Dave at Supersport for details 586-662-0913
*Watching doesn't buy a nice car like this..bid with confidence or call to make offers! Vehicle is for sale locally and auction may end at any time without notice to ebay. We do encourage all bidders to call before bidding to answer any questions and check availability. If you need the vehicle shipped please call for rates. All vehicles must be paid in full before shipping. Vehicle is sold as-is. We encourage that buyers inspect vehicle or arrange appraiser to come to our dealership and inspect vehicle. Michigan residents to pay 6% sales tax or anyone planning on driving this vehicle home where they cannot present a bill of laden. In those cases when registering the vehicle in your state you will receive a credit from what was paid at time of purchase. We only accept paypal for deposit due to paypal fees.OVER 90%of ourebay sales are not completed online so please call to discuss if you are a serious buyer.$95 Documentation feeon all purchases.
CALL DAVEIF YOU WANT TO NEGOTIATE A BUY IT NOW PRICE-586-662-0913 CELL.
We do not give any BUY IT NOW prices by email, but you can email or call with your questions on the vehicle or for a shipping quote. Don't get fooled by low bids, the real buyers are calling and making offers. We sell 70% of our vehicles before the auction ends..SO PLEASE CALL FOR FULL DESCRIPTION.
Supersport Auto is a licensed consignment Michigan Used Car Dealer. Showdown Motors and Super Sport Auto Sales are two different/separate entities and should not be referred to as one in the same. Showdown Motors Inc. purchases its inventory from private individuals, other licensed dealers, and from auctions. These vehicles are purchased in "AS-IS" condition and shall be sold as per the terms of the â€œBUYERS GUIDEâ€ presented and signed at the time of sale. We do not and cannot represent 100% authenticity unless it is available. We are happy to show our customers the engine casting number, VIN numbers, tags, engine stamping, and transmission codes, we DO NOT GUARANTEE that the motor or any other part or component is in fact the original or that it is correct for this car. There is ALWAYS the possibility of restamped motors and as technology improves there will be even more. We cannot guarantee the originality of this vehicle or any part on this vehicle, including but not limited to the Engine, the Transmission, "matching numbers", color changes, data tag, the frame or any documentation. The entire risk as to the originality and the inspection of this vehicle before purchase is up to the Buyer. Showdown Motors Inc. assumes no responsibility or liability for any typographical error that might be found in any of our advertising including the Internet. This will include any errors made in the description, color, price, or equipment listed for all being advertised for sale by Showdown Motors Inc. All prices listed on this website are discounted cash price. All sales include $95 documentation fee.
All sales are final so please feel free to do a pre-buy inspection.
- Obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction.
- Cancel any and all bids at our discretion, or end the auction early if necessary.
- If you place a bid during the last 12-hour period of the auction, you will be allowed to retract the bid for exceptional circumstances but only if you do so within one hour after placing the bid.
- All shipping charges are buyer's responsibility.SUPERSPORT AUTO AND SHOWDOWN MOTORSwill help with shipping arrangements but will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage!
- Licensed Carriers are generally insured for $3,000,000.00. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves our showroom. All shipping arrangements are provided bySUPERSPORT AUTO AND SHOWDOWN MOTORSas a courtesy. We are not affiliated with any carrier. Any claims or other communication regarding shipment of vehicles will be between you and the shipper, not withSUPERSPORT AUTO AND SHOWDOWN MOTORS.
- The amount of time it takes for delivery is dependent on the carrier, but is generally 7-14 days from the date the vehicle is picked up from our facility until it is delivered to your destination. Verify with the shipper for an Estimate Time of Arrival to be sure.
Fee and Tax Information:
- Buyers Inspection:American Dream Machineshas done our best to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction.SUPERSPORT AUTO AND SHOWDOWN MOTORSwelcomes a buyers inspection. If you plan to have a buyers inspection, please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Inspection fees if any are Buyers responsibility.
- Representations and Warranties made by seller:This vehicle is being sold "as is". Manufacturers warranties may still apply. Extended warranty may be available. No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representations or warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids.
- Taxes and Registration fees: Allbuyers are responsible for all state, county, city taxes and fees, as well as title service fees in the state that the vehicle will be registered. All taxes and fees must be paid in full in order for vehicle to be titled and registered