1987 Porsche 944S
- Location: Landrum, South Carolina, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 944
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: S Model
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 86,000
- VIN: WP0AA0949HN452695
- Color: Black
- Engine size: DOHC
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats
1987 Porsche 944 description
Great car, the S model was only built 2 years. Was the first year the 944 had a DOHC engine. Great collector car to be. I have too much going on in my life and can't keep this around much longer.
Around 86,000 miles (I drive it a couple of times a week to and from work).
Good: Great driving car, very mechanically sound. All electrical seems to work fine (Windows, sunroof/vent, horn, radio, gauges, etc). AC blows cold, heater heats. Engine runs smooth, regular oil changes. Transaxle oil has been changed and is in great shifting order, clutch works good, brakes good, very clean inside and out, engine compartment and trunk shows that the car has been taken care of and low miles. Previous owner took it to the dealer for a tune up about 10k miles ago. It comes with a clean NC title.
Bad: The dash has a small crack near vents but not too bad. Steering wheel has splits where seeing came somewhat apart. Small rattle coming from back of car over bumps and sometimes under acceleration. Small dings here and there on the body. Rear deck lid rubber key boot cracked. Very small part of the seat, the sewing came apart. Car probably needs to be polished/waxed. Also has tinted windows, I am not a fan but that's how I bought it over a year ago and haven't had the time to get it removed.
The New: I did some work recently to the car. Fuel filter, oil changed in the past 1k. Four brand new tires. New muffler, new OEM rear shocks, new OEM front struts, I have new braided brake lines but haven't had time to put them on.
I want to be as descriptive as possible with my ad. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.On Apr-15-16 at 05:44:23 PDT, seller added the following information:
I have found a receipt for the last service at the Porsche dealership.Dated: 8/23/2013Miles: 84,643Maintenance performed:Oil change, oil filter, roller for timing belt, timing belt, balance belt, cooling system flush, brake flush, and full check up of car. The invoice also says that ac was not working, but I know if blows cold because I have driven it in last summers hot days (might have needed recharging), AC does work. Also the dealer noted that the brake oil level light came on unknown, The time I've had the car, I've never had it turn on so it seems like the work the dealer did fixed the issue.
More records found:
- Original Dealer Invoice for car with original sales price of $32,960.00
- CARFAX Report (Printed on 8/17/2005 with no accidents to report)
- Service performed by local Porsche shop in 10/06/2005 (Spark plugs, distributor cap, ign. rotor, coil wires, air filter, fuel filter, alternator belt, water pump, serpentine belt, balance shaft roller, balance shaft belt roller, thermostat, cam belt, radiator hose, coolant hose have all been changed) Looks to be a pretty basic tune up. This same shop recommended that the radiator should be replaced in 2005, but I have never seen any signs why it should. Car runs cool, no leaks. Either work has been done without any receipts or this repair shop was just looking for easy business.