1986 PONTIAC FIERO GT, 5 SPEED - EXTREMELY CLEAN CAR
- Location: Lewisville, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Fiero
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: GT
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 93,792
- VIN: 1g2pg9795gp277798
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 2.8 liter
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: Cassette Player, Sunroof
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT description
This is one of the nicest stock Fieros that you will find. Beautiful paint and interior. The car received a second place award at the Pontiac Oakland Club national convention this year. Mechanically/cosmetically needs nothing. This Fiero is equipped with the factory available Getrag 5 speed manual transmission that provides both better performance and fuel economy than the 3 speed automatic transmission (the only other transmission option). The exhaust has been replaced, but to stock specifications and provides a nice sporty exhaust note without being too loud.
Factory equipped with sunroof (including a sun shade), air conditioning, cruise control, power windows, power mirrors, power door locks, optional ETR AM/FM/cassette radio and Performance Sound System (subwoofer). All speakers are new.
Many dash and steering column switches were replaced to provide a new car appearance. Even the ashtrays are new.
If you know these cars then you know that there are certain areas of concern. Everything that commonly needs attention with Fieros does not apply to this car:
· Plexiglas quarter windows have been replaced.
· Fading or delaminated paint? Not this car. Was repainted at a GM dealership and looks fantastic.
· Parking brake doesn't work? All new cables.
· GT tail lamps delaminated? Both look great.
· Headliner new ... doesn't sag.
· Seat covers torn or worn out? Have been recovered.
· Vinyl wrapped interior components broken/stretched/warped? No.
· Steering wheel lost its shape due to padding deteriorating? Has been replaced.
· Worn out floor mats? Nope. Also replaced.
· Dash pad cracked? Not this one.
· Headlights. A frequently observed failure with these cars. One or both of them might be out of service (stuck in the up or down position). Both of the headlight motors of this car work properly.
· Rust? None.
Complete service history file beginning at 47,140 miles documenting almost $10,000 in parts and service.
Battery recently replaced.
All parking brake cables recently replaced.
Heater core recently replaced.
Clutch and master cylinder.
Engine rear main seal and pan gasket (no oil leaks).
Exhaust system and catalytic converter.
Tires - BF Goodrich Radial TAs - P205/60r15 front P215/60r15 rear (only about 1,000 miles since installation).
Steering wheel from The Fiero Store.
Completely repainted at GM dealership.
Seats recovered and headliner replaced.
Both quarter windows from The Fiero Store.
There may be better examples of this car out there somewhere, but none that I have found this nice at this price.
Additional pictures available that I can email to you.
I am about 10 miles north of DFW airport. Fly in, I'll pick you up and you can drive it home.