Pontiac GTO Convertible Real 242 Car numbers matching.Rare Chrome Bumper Option
Price: US $20,000.00
- Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: GTO
- SubModel: GTO Convertible
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Convertible, Buckets, Auto Trans
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 46,136
- VIN: 242678P348131
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: Pontiac 400 cu inch YS Code Vin # Matching
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: Convertible
1968 Pontiac GTO Convertible, Buckets, Auto Trans description
- GTO VERY FAIR STARTING BID.....NO RESERVE! Very solid /GTO!!!!! NUMBERS MATCHING ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION. NUMBERS MATCHING ENGINE SEE PICS, ENGINE BLOCK VIN# IS IN PIC #5. RARE CHROME BUMPER OPTION. HAVE A GOOD ENDURA FRONT BUMPER WITH MOST OF THE FLIP DOWN HEADLIGHT PARTS IF YOU LIKE THAT STYLE...$2000.00 WORTH OF PARTS COME WITH GTO.
- ORIGIONAL COLOR IS VEDORO GREEN, VERY FAST!!!!GREAT DRIVER. PLEASE READ WHOLE LISTING....
- $2500.00 WORTH OF 5 NEW TOTAL PONTIAC 17 INCH RALLY WHEELS AND TIRES BFGOODRICH COMP T/A TIRES
- TONS OF MONEY SPENT ON MECHANICALS, SEE IN LIST.
- GTO ALSO LISTED ON CHICAGO CRAIGS LIST SEE ADDITIONAL PICS.......
- HI AM SELLING MY 1968 CONVERTIBLE GTO WHICH IS VERY FAIRLY PRICED...DON'T MISS OUT!
- 1968 Pontiac GTO Convertible Verdoro Green Know with One Repaint to SILVER Done in Laquer paint from the early 1980s Pontiac
- numbers matching YS 400 cubic inch rebuilt motor. 425 horsepower. Many performance mods.
- Orig. 46,136 Miles.
- Real 242 Vin Numbered Car Meaning This is a Real GTO not a Lemans Passing off for a GTO or a Tribute Car. The Real Deal
- Origional-Rebuilt YS Coded 400 Cubic Inch 4 barrel Motor was rebuilt IN THE LATE 1970S .early 1980 BY 2ND OWNER, HE WAS A ASE CERTIFIED ENGINE MACHINIST. 350 HORSE POWER. NUMBERS MATCHING Engine. See Pic #5 of Code on Block.
- BODY TAG READS AS FOLLOWS: PIC OF TAG SENT ON REQUEST.. SOME INFO I WROTE DOWN FROM BODY TAG UNDER HOOD
- ST 68-24267 PON 3682
- TR 223 Q-2
- FIRST NUMBER OF THE VIN# IS MISSING ON THE TITLE PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL DMV BEFORE BUYING SO YOU CAN TRANSFER TITLE WITH NO PROBLEMS THE TITLE IS FROM 1980. ALL THE NUMBERS MATCH THE VIN# ON THE CAR. JUST FIRST NUMBER IS MISSING ON TITLE. PIC WILL BE SENT IF INTERESTED
- LOTSA MONEY INVESTED IN MECHANICAL UPGRADES!!!
- BODY CODE UPON REQUEST WILL BE SENT VIA EMAIL.
- Motor Fully Rebuilt in the Late 70s early 80s by 2nd Owner who was a Certified ASE Engine Machinist.at the time Why Rebuild the Motor? Because he could do it and make it better stronger and more powerfull
- Doors close great, gaps in panels good.
- Origional Turbo 400 Transmission with Origional His//Hers Dual Gate Automatic Shifter
- Dash Board Good Shape
- Origional glass rolls Works Fine
- Factory Stock Black Bucket Interior Great Shape with Floor Council
- Newer Black Convertible Top with Rear Plastic Window, Rebuilt Pumps and Electrical in the Late 1980s
- New wire harness electric put in the Late 1980s
- Origional 4 drum car, Know New 4 wheel disk Conversion have old rear drum brake Parts for back..
- Reproduction Factory Dash Tach and Rally Gauge Oil Pressure Temp, Battery AMP. Have Origional Factory Clock and Idiot light cluster gauge.
- New reproduction deluxe Pontiac GTO steering wheel with horn button assembly
- Origional Positraction case assembly now has a Richmond 390 Posi traction carrier in it installed in the early 1980s
- Front End Solid
- Origional springs
- have origional manifold cast iron four barrell, know has a classic Edelbrock aluminum manifold from the late 1970s
- I have a old gm carberator that came with the car, GTO Has a newer Holly 4 barrell Double Pumper carb. on Edelbrock manifold. Holly carberator needs choke hooked up.I HAVE ALSO THE ORIGIONAL CAST IRON 4 BARRELL MANIFO;LD.
- non A/C Car
- New gas tank, starter and die hard gel heavy duty battery
- Mid West Car From Chicago area very Solid Undercarriage, floors and trunk. GTO Was Undercoated when New. GTO owner 1 was a little old lady sold 2 owner 2 in 1976. My friend was the owner of this GTO and told me its history. I am 52 years old. they are 54 and 58 yrs. old..
- GTO Has the Rare chrome bumper option hence the little old Lady. I do have a GTO Factory Enduro bumper and most of the parts to convert to Enduro Front Bumper with flip down headlight if needed. About 2000.00 dollars worth of parts comes with the Sale.
- All Electrical works except the front lower valance panel socket says my mechanic. socket needs changing or something drivers side front.
- Origional Pontiac 400 YS MOTOR NUMBERS MATCHING has new Pistons, rebuilt heads and a mechanical cam that was changed from a Hydraulic to mechanical solid lifter cansshaft in the early 1980s by the 3rd owner of the GTO the Brother of the Brother who puchased the the car in 1980 from him. Clear title is from 1980 origional. Origional exhaust manifolds on GTO no Headers. Dual exhaust system older. Motor has a electronic ignition conversion, external oil filter mount, Vacume canister becuase cam shaft was modified to a solid lifter mechanical cam. Front dist brakes were added in the early 1980s. With the Mechanical Cam shaft. A vacume canister was added to store vacume to the front disk brakes. . GTO now has a new 4 wheel disk system with a added electric vacume pump to the vacume canister.
- motor is estimated to put out around 425 horse power with the stock exhaust manifolds. a better exhaust system and headers could bring this motor to over 450 horse power easily if wanted.
- Transmission has a shift Kit put in the early 1980s, I put on a aluminum trans pan with magnetic plug to easily drain fluid. I have the stock trans pan comes with the GTO. Rear Posi Traction Unit also has a T/A Aluminum Differential Cover with Stud Stabilizer and Magnetic Oil Drain Plug. Trans and Differential fluids have been Recenly Serviced by my Mechanic. New Posi Traction additive also added. Trans does a Small Front Seal Leak. I have owned the GTO For About 2 Years Know and I would guess about 1 quart of trans fluid loss in that time. from sitting
- Engine powerfull and idles very well with Mechanical camshaft. Slight Lope on Idle sounds Good. Engine runs very well. Engine rebuilt in the late 1970s estimated to have about 1000 miles since its origional rebuild
- Car was garaged and not driven much from the 3rd owner brother. He was always busy working his Construction Company. GTO was always and still is Garaged..
- Comes with a extra Holley Double pumper carberator needs rebuild.
- A few extra pieces of interior and exterior parts come with the GTO
- that i collected. I have the origional GTO front emblem for the passenger front fender., needs attachment.
- WORK NEEDED AS I CAN BEST SEE IT. THE BAD...IS
- EXHAUST PIPE HANGER TOWARD REAR NEEDS REPLACEMENT. PIPE SHAKES IN BACK.
- SCRATCH ON FRONT WINDSHIELD..
- THERE IS A SMALL LEVEL ELECTRICAL DRAIN ON BATTERY WHEN GTO IS OFF THIS CAN KILL THE BATTERY IN 5 DAYS OR SO, WILL NEED AN ELECTRICAL MECHANIC TO FIND WHATS DRAWING BATTERY DOWN. TO RESOLVE THIS I KEEP THE BATTERY CABLE DISCONNECTED TILL I START THE GTO.
- I WOULD HAVE THE GTO REPAINTED BACK TO THE ORIGIONAL VERDORO GREEN. HAS BEEN PAINTED LAQUER SILVER IN THE EARLY 1980-S CAN BE TOUCHED UP IF WANTED UNTIL CAR PAINT IS DONE. WOULD LOOK FAIRLY GOOD WITH PARTIAL REDO.
- AMATURE PAINT AND BODY WORK DONE ON REPAINT IN THE EARLY 1980S.HAS SIGN OF BODY FILLER ON PASSENGER SIDE REAR QUARTER PANEL WHEEL MOLD AREA . OTHER SIDE LOOKS GOOD. THE FRONT PASSENGER SIDE FENDER HAS A REPAIRABLE EASILY SMALLER DENT THAT EFFECTS THE ORIGIONAL CHROME FRONT BUMPER. EASILY REPAIRABLE BY A GOOD BODY SHOP KEEPING ORIGIONAL PARTS. DOORS SOLID, PASSENGER SIDE FRONT FENDER SOLID LOOKING. PASSENGER SIDE APPEARS-LOOKS SOLID, EXCEPT FOR FRONT DENT ON FENDER AS JUST DESCRIBED.
- FRONT HOOD HAS A NEW LATCH ASSEMBLY ON ORIGIONAL HOOD NEEDS GAP ADUSTMENT OF HOOD.IT IS HARD TO OPEN THE HOOD WITHOUT THE PROPER BODY ADJUSTMENT BEING DONE. IT DOES OPEN MUST FIDDLE WITH THE FRONT AREA TO OPEN HOOD. IT DOES CLOSE PROPERLY.
- FRONT TRANSMISION SEAL WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED AT SOME TIME DOES HAVE A SMALL LEAK AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
- ORIGIONAL FAN APPEARS TO BE A LITTLE OUT OF BALANCE I WOULD PUT ON A NEW FAN LIKE A HAYDEN HEAVY DUTY FLEX FAN. THESE ARE VERY GOOD AND VARIABLE PITCHED FOR POWER,
- INTERIOR IN FAIRLY GOOD DRIVER SHAPE FOR ITS ORIGIONAL AGE. NEED SEVERE CLEANING AND DETAILING. CAR WAS ALWAYS SITTING IN GARAGE AND NOT DRIVEN MUCH OVER THE YEARS. CARPET SHOT. FLOOR CONCIL HAS TWO SPEAKER HOLES IN THE BOTTOM SIDES. COULD PUT SPEAKERS BACK IN FOR A STEREO SYSTEM. NO RADIO.
- WOULD HAVE THE REAR SUSPENSION LOOKED AT MY MECHANIC MENTIONED THAT THERE WAS A BLOCKS OR SOMETHING PUT IN TO RAISE BACK CAR A LITTLE OR SOMETHING.
- ORIGIONAL SPRINGS AND SHOCKS BELIEVED.
- TOP OF YC PONTIAC 400 MOTOR WAS PAINTED ORANGE WOULD PUT BACK TO BLUE. ITS A PONTIAC NOT A CHEVY....LOL
- NEEDS A PASSENGER SIDE MIRROR.
- NEEDS A NEW BLACK CARPET.
- HAS MICKEY THOMPSON VALVE COVERS ALUMINUM VERY COLLECTIBLE AN EXPENSIVE. GREAT SHAPE MAY WANT STOCK VALVE COVERS. ALSO HAS A CHROME AIR CLEANER FROM THE LATE 1970S WITH CUSTOM WINGNUT NOSTALGIC
- A COUPLE OF GTO ORIGIONAL TRIM PARTS COME WITH THE CAR....
THIS GTO HAS A POTENIAL OF $50,000 DOLLARS PLUS WITH A GOOD PAINT JOB AND BODY WORK AND ABOVE. I DROVE THIS CAR 50 MILES HOME FROM MY MECHANIC AND SHIFTED WELL. AND IT RAN WELL. TOP WORKS WELL. NEEDS A GOOD HOME. GTO HAS A VERIFIABLE HISTORY BECAUSE THE PREVIOUS OWNER ARE STILL FRIENDS. I HAVE GIVEN ALL I KNOW ABOUT THE GTO. YOU CAN CALL ME DIRECTLY AT SEVEN SEVEN THREE THREE 9 1 THREE ZERO 9 THREE LARRY I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS AS BEST TO MY ABILITY ABOUT THE GTO I CAN. SHE NEEDS A GOOD HOME. IT HAS BEEN NOTED THAT THIS DESIGN OF THE GTO WAS DESIGNED TO COMPETE WITH FERRARI. HENCE THE CURVES ON THE CAR! IT IS MY FAVORITE DESIGN.
773 3913093 cell number. Larry
GTO IS SOLD AS IS, NO IMPLIED WARRANTY. YOU CAN HAVE THE CAR INSPECTED BEFORE BUYING IF NEEDED.
$500 DOLLARS DEPOSIT-NON REFUNDABLE DUE THREW PAYPAL WITHIN 2 DAYS 48 HOURS. AND FULL PAYMENT WITH 3 DAYS. CASH, WIRE TRANSFER TO ACCOUNT, CERTIFIED BANK CHECK ONCE CLEARED.
BUYER RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TRANSPORT CHARGES...
LARRY QUESTIONS EMAIL OR CALL 7733913093
Contact the seller