Super rare Mecham Racing MSE Macho Recaro TA #195 of 300! 50K miles RARE!!
- Location: Gilbert, Arizona, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Trans Am
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Mecham MSE
- Year: 1982
- Mileage: 50,531
- VIN: 1G2AW87H2CL558971
- Color: White
- Engine size: 5.0L
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear
1982 Pontiac Trans Am description
These cars were created by Mecham Pontiac in Glendale, Arizona from '82-'85 after the very sucessful DKM "Macho" T/A's. Mecham Racing was the first to campaign the new '82 Trans Am in SCCA racing and won the championship this year. These were factory authorized and numbered cars. I read that only about 300 were built. They started out life as WS6 cars then had the "MSE" Motorsports Edition package added. There was also a "Talon" suspension added and "Git Kit". The Git Kit included: 600 CFM Holley carb, aluminum intake manifold, re-curved Mallory distributor, coil, spark plug wires, Champion plugs, low restriction air cleaner, Tri-Y headers, and Y-Pipe. The "Talon" suspension added: stiffer springs, urethane bushings, additional front crossmember, Koni adjustable shocks, rear droop limiter straps, Firestone tires on Modern 15" wheels. This suspension was capable of .90-.95G's on the skid pad. I will also include a 1982 Magazine with full spread on these cars!
Mecham MSE Recaro SCCA Trans Am Specs:Performance:
- 5.0L Engine/4-speed Manual close ration
- WS6 Special Performance Package (Standard)
- Additional Front Crossmember
- Front & Rear Special Sway Bar Pivot Bushings
- Front & Rear Specific Rate Coil Springs
- Independent Lower A-Arms
- Koni Adjustable Front Struts
- Koni Adjustable Shocks, rear
- Torque Arm and Panhard Rod
- Droop Limiter Straps, rear
- Lowered Ride Height
- 4-spoke MSE Leather Steering Wheel
- MSE Raised Metal Emblem, Map Pouch
- MR Raised Metal Serialized Console Plaque- MSE labeled speakers and Motorola radio- Recaro seats
- Special White/Black "War Paint" Paint Scheme
- Special Alloy "Finned" Wheels"
- Mecham Racing MR Hood Emblem
- Mecham Racing Aero Tail
- MSE Raised Metal Emblem, front headlamp door
- Motor Sports Edition Rear Bumper Graphic- Very rare Louvers with working release latches. They are HARD to find like this!
This car runs and drives just like you'd expect for a 50,000 mile Mecham tuned sports sedan. Steering and suspension is tight and solid. It really handles! The car has a nice rumble and acclerates very quickly through the close ratio 4 speed. The car rides straight and smooth down the road and only drips a little bit of oil when parked here and there. AC system is all there and just needs converted to R134. Power windows work great. Power locks are weak. All gauges and power options work well(except noted locks and cruise inop). Also, the only interior issue is the dash has two cracks. I am also including a "like new" replacement($$), very hard to find in the correct year with seam stitch. I have many more photos and even a video of it running if you'd like. Just message me with your cell number and I can text/email more to you.
Now for the negatives of this car: The car has been repainted in its past with a cheaper paint job. They taped around the emblems and trim, so you can sometimes find some over spray here and there. Paint looks great from a few feet away but up close you can find a couple spots that are checking, and some chipped areas that have a little surface rust. I took photos of all the surface rust areas so you know what to expect(contact me for more photos!), but over all this is very solid! I would expect with a full strip and paint that would take care of the small surface rust areas. Frame and floors looks great! This is such a rare and appreciating car it would be worth it to do a show quality paint job!
Let me know what other questions I can answer or special requests.
Thanks for looking!
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- We take time to carefully describe each vehicle and include a substantial number of photos. However, it is very important to keep in mind that these vehicles are pre-owned, not brand new. After careful reading of the entire description, rather than making a potentially incorrect assumption, if any statement or comment is unclear, or if you have questions, please e-mail or call us prior to bidding.
- We are a licensed and bonded automotive dealership based in Phoenix, Arizona. Buying through a licensed dealer gives you as a consumer certain rights, and ensures your protection from title fraud and other problems encountered in private party automotive transactions. In addition, you may also qualify for lower interest rates by purchasing through a dealership. We reserve the right to sell this vehicle locally prior to the end of any advertisement or listing. We also reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
- Cars are demonstrated and/or test-driven on a daily basis and therefore may have more mileage upon delivery than indicated in original listings.
- All transactions are subject to a Document/Preparation fee of $295. Arizona residents will be responsible for 7.8% sales tax, and vehicle registration costs. Non-Arizona residents wishing to pick up their vehicle from our dealership in Phoenix will be responsible for paying sales tax in Arizona. Tax will not be charged if the vehicle is shipped out of state. Any out-of-state residents wishing to drive their new vehicle prior to registering it in their home states will be provided a 90-day non-resident temporary permit. All taxes and license fees will need to be paid by the buyer when the vehicle is registered in their home state. All state taxes and motor vehicle-related fees are administered by each state individually, are not included in the price of the vehicle, and are non-negotiable.
- Most vehicle titles are not held on the premises and it may take up to 30 days to receive one.
- Due to the fact that we often have multiple prospective buyers for the same vehicle, we will not "hold" a vehicle without a signed non-refundable deposit, a signed purchase order, and a signed General Information and Terms of Sale form. Without this deposit, all vehicles will remain advertised, listed, and available for sale.
- Although we make every attempt to deliver our vehicles with a full set of keys, key fobs, books, floor mats, manuals, etc., we cannot guarantee that a pre-owned vehicle will have all of these items. Most of them can be ordered at a minimum cost in addition to the price of the vehicle, if you desire to do so. The substantial reduction in price between new and pre-owned vehicles reflects in part the chance that these items might be missing.
At Close of Auction
- The successful "winning" bidder must telephone us within 24 hours after the auction has ended to verify purchase and make arrangements to complete the transaction.
Full payment must be received within 7 business days of the end of auction. Payment must be either by cashiers-check, or certified funds. If funds are not received, and an alternate arrangement has not been made, the vehicle can and will be made available to other potential buyers on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The parties agree that this contract shall be construed under the substantive laws of the state of Arizona, that the state courts of Arizona shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any action brought to enforce the terms of this contract or over any action arising out of the underlying transaction(s) with seller and venue may be had in the Maricopa county superior court of the state of Arizona.
- We have disclosed as much information as possible about this vehicle and aim to only carry quality vehicles. However, we recommend that all buyers conduct an inspection either in person or through a qualified professional third party inspector prior to the end of the auction. If such inspection reveals a substantial discrepancy between the information contained in the listing and the actual vehicle, we will correct the problem at no charge or work out a compromise.
- We value your business and want you to be completely satisfied with your Ebay buying experience, from purchase to delivery. As a value added service we will assist with working with your shippers and helping get the vehicle loaded up. However, the buyer pays all shipping costs. We do not have any affiliation with, or interest in, any transportation companies and all questions or concerns should be addressed directly with them.
- All vehicles are sold As Is, with no warranties expressed or implied, by seller. Vehicles come with books and/or manuals only if pictured in the included photos or if stated in the ad. As with any used vehicle, minor signs of wear may become more obvious under close inspection, such small chips or nicks, light scratches or minor abrasions, wheel scuffs, and other indications of normal wear and tear. We will not and cannot be held liable or responsible for these issues.
- Bidders are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase the vehicle described above. If you do not intend to purchase this item, DO NOT BID!
- Non-paying bidders, unqualified bidding, bid shielding, auction interference or any type of harassment, will be dealt with according to eBay Rules, local law, and may include, but are not limited to, legal action and applicable fees, lose of deposit or any other necessary costs.
- We reserve the right to cancel bids and/or our auction at anytime for any reason.
PLACING A BID ON THIS AUCTION, CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL THE INFORMATION PRESENTED.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AND HAVE FUN BIDDING!!