1968 Plymouth Fury III Convertible - Excellent Condition
- Location: Leesburg, Virginia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Plymouth
- Model: Fury
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Convertible Fury III
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 124,900
- VIN: PM27F8D310122
- Color: Hawaiian Blue
- Engine size: 318 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 2WD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: Convertible
1968 Plymouth Fury Convertible Fury III description
This is a very clean and very nice 1968 Plymouth Fury III Convertible with the 318 engine. The car has been cared for all its life, and it shows. The underside is absolutely gorgeous, with the previous owner having completely redone it and professionally painted the underside with POR-15 black paint. The trunk is absolutely amazing - no rust through and exceptionally clean. The car drives very well and is a real head-turner with its Chrysler color of Hawaiian Blue. The contrast with the darker blue interior is stunning.
In addition to the underside work, here’s the additional things that have been done to the car to bring it to this top-quality condition:
- Engine removed and rebuilt – runs strong, no leaks, no smoking
- New gas tank, fuel sending unit, gas lines
- Radiator re-cored and redone
- New Water Pump
- Rebuilt power steering pump and new hoses
- New exhaust system front to back
- New front bushings/suspension – front end completely redone
- Front clip removed and interior/firewall professionally resprayed – gorgeous engine bay
- Front and rear bumpers re-chromed
- Fender-mounted turn signals redone and rechromed
- New tires
- New rear shocks
- New battery
- New wiper motor (comes with car – not installed yet)
The convertible top was replaced 8 years ago with a brand new factory correct white top. It's pristine - no rips, tears, stains, and the mechanism works perfectly - up and down.
There are a few scratches in the paint, including one on the leading edge of the hood that has been touched up (see photo). It also has a few minor bubbles on the rear wheel well arches. There is NO body rust through on the car at all. Also, there is a small tear on the driver’s side front seat (see photo) and the convertible top boot cover has been repaired on one seam (see photo).
Other than that, this car is pristine and a true survivor that has been updated to make it very driveable and enjoyable.
Feel free to come take a look at it or to ask me any questions!!