1936 Packard Henney Hearse- Lower Reserve!!
- Location: Annandale, New Jersey, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Packard
- Model: Henney Hearse
- Type: Hearse
- Year: 1936
- Mileage: 7,450
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 468 CI Chevrolet
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear
1936 Packard Henney Hearse description
1936 Packard Henney Hearse
Now, with a new lower reserve......
This 1936 Packard is a commercial chassis that was originally either a hearse or ambulance (or both) with coachwork by the Henney Motor Car Company of Freeport, Illinois.
This beautiful and rare Packard has an original wheelbase of 160". There are no body modifications, as the body is 100% original.
The rest of the car has been updated with modern components, that enables the car to be driven anywhere.
Some of the improvements include:
- Front Suspension, Camaro independent with Global West Suspension tubular control arms and Varishock variable coilovers
- Rear Suspension, Ford 9"
- Brakes, 4 wheel power disc
- Power Steering, GM
- Gas Tank, aluminum 24 gallon
- Engine, Chevrolet 468 cubic inch big block
- 671 supercharger
- GM 700R4 automatic transmission
- Custom aluminum radiator
- Vintage Air AC and heat (R134A refrigerant and electronic controls)
- Wheels, Boyd Coddington, 17" front and 18" rear
- Interior Woodwork, custom elm burl wood, by Wabbitts WoodWorks
- Power front seats
- Power Windows, Specialty Power Windows
- Instruments, VDO
- Sound System, Kenwood, 7" screen
The car is always garaged under a car cover.
My wife and I have driven this car primarily to car shows and we have regularly traveled to long distance out of state car shows, and just take it to dinner or out for ice cream. This car can be driven anywhere.
We always see smiles and a thumbs up from others while driving. There is always a crowd around this awesome car at shows, and the enjoyment of interacting with folks about this car has always been fun.
There is always plenty of room for your friends and 'stuff with this car.
The car was also on an episode of My Classic Car with Dennis Gage.
The wife says it is time to downsize, so I am reluctantly selling.
Please ask any questions. I encourage anyone that is interested to see how nice the car is in person.
Note: This car is being sold as is, where is, with no warranty provided or implied. Please call to see and inspect the car in person prior to bidding. The car must be paid in full within 7 days of close of auction. The owner has reserved the right to end auction without notice. Buyer is responsible for transportation of vehicle and vehicle must be picked up within 14 days of close of auction unless prior arrangements are made.