1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park WOODY station wagon Cali car LOW MILES!
- Location: Statesville, North Carolina, United States
- Make: Mercury
- Model: Grand Marquis
- SubModel: Colony Park
- Type: Station Wagon
- Trim: Woody
- Year: 1990
- Mileage: 54,900
- VIN: 2MECM79F8LX662236
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 5.0 L
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: light tan leather
- Safety options: Driver Airbag
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: Cassette Player, Leather Seats
1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Woody description
A true time capsule! This is a once-in-a-lifetime buy for an late model, low mile, iconic, American woody wagon!
(I have updated my title and registration so am now relisting with paperwork sorted out! Car fax doesn’t seem to have updated as of Saturday but check last 2 photos - current NC tag with stickers plus my NC title number in my name in a screen capture of NC DMV website)
Please see youtube slideshow here for over 90 images of this beauty!
This listing is for my 1990 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park with under 55k original miles and the coveted 3 rows of seats. It loaded and in beautiful, original condition having spent most of its life in California!
I am reluctantly selling this, but I’ll be happy for its next owner.I searched far and wide over years for this and paid good money because it had everything I wanted: it’s almost the latest year they made these, has low original miles, a great leather interior in a neutral color, and a sharp black paint/wood panel combo. I HAD to have third row seats. These are the BEST. They are the type that face each other rather than the rear. That plus two benches with three seats each mean this car can fit 8 passengers (though some say it was originally marketed as a 10 seater because in the 80s you could do shared seatbelts in the rumble seats – I have no idea if that’s true).
The exterior on this car is straight and solid. The paint on the car is finished in gorgeous original black. Realistically this car probably has never seen snow or salt given it was in CA and then briefly in AZ. Ever since being in NC it's basically been stored. The underside of the rockers, quarters, fenders, and floor boards are solid, and the wheel wells look so clean, just the way a low mileage car should. My husband laughed when he looked under it, he said it was so clean it’s unbelievable. All correct trim and emblems are present and the snazzy opera lights! The chrome is excellent. It features original wood decals and trim. All of the glass is original and the windshield is crack-free. We have the original factory brochure is included which shows what options were extra!! It's a great piece ofhistory to have with this collectable beauty.
As a lay-collector, I think this car belongs to the next big vintage/era that will grow in terms of investment (all of us who are into our classics know what has happened to 70s cars – prices have tripled or more in 15 years). I think it’s in a sweet spot in terms of cost to buy now vs what it will be worth in 5 to 10 years. I wish I could hang on to it.
Plus due to the fact that it's a90s car you benefit from more modern features including driver airbag while still getting all the 1980s nostalgia. When I got this car, I imagined driving my kids and their friends back from soccer practice, and they’d be eating popsicles in the rear rumble seats with the hatch window down in the back, a breeze blowing through and some classic rock on the radio. In reality, it’s been sitting in my garage for the last few years because I didn’t want the kids to wreck it – it’s just too good!! This is SUCH a good example, it deserves to be looked after. It is an ideal film/TV car and could be rented out for use in period-specific programs.
Of course at this price, maybe you do want it as a daily driver. If your vision is for a family car with huge capacity, awesome vintage flair, airbag etc, and allows you to escape the a mini van, go for it. This is the kind of car that will become a part of cherished memories for the whole family.
- Antenna goes up and down but there is most likely a connection problem with the radio as we can't receive normal radio.
- Electric windows lag – there was one back one that was very slow going back up and I thought it might need a fix. I just tested them all and they all work though. Maybe they just need more use but please be aware I noticed the problem with onepreviously.
- Body/interior: see images, overall it looks amazing but as it’s not a brand new car, the youtube slideshow will show blemishes so you can satisfy yourself as to the condition
- I took the radio/cassette player out to replace it, then changed my mind, but the original was messed up and couldn't be reinstalled, so I bought a replacement old one that is meant to be same as or close to the original.
- THe AC is blowing cold but I haven't had the coolant recharged since just after I bought it, so maybe factor in a recharge just in case.
- In general please remember it’s not a new car so if I’ve missed a lightbulb or some such minor thing it isn’t intentional
STUFF I’VE DONE
- This will come with a fresh NC state inspection which I am doing this week along with updating my lapsed registration
- Shortly after I got it I replaced all four tires with new Michelin whitewalls as per the original look. Still have the receipt, they were $757.47! These tires have done less than 100 miles!
- New battery
- Upgraded AC - I had the system converted to newer coolant
OWNERNSHIP HISTORY (dreamy)
- Car was bought new in March of 1990 in Palmdale, Ca by its original owner who owned it until traded in with 54,000 miles in 2012.
- The car ended up for sale at Peoria Ford who put the car through their shop and sold it to the second owner in Phoenix. The car was driven only around 700 miles and was garaged.
- I then purchased it in 2014, had it shipped to NC and have since barely used it and kept it garaged the whole time.
- As of this moment the mileage is 54,887 though it will increase slightly as I will take it for a fresh state inspection before sale.
“The Mercury Colony Park is a full-size station wagon that was marketed by the Mercury division of Ford Motor Company between 1957 and 1991. Distinguished by its simulated wood-grain paneling, the Colony Park was marketed as either the premium-trim or the sole full-size station wagon offering of the division.”
QUESTIONS, TERMS CONDITIONS ETC ETC
We have facetime and skype and would be delighted to do a video call with prospective buyers so you can see what you want to see in real time. I am also available for good old fashioned phone conversations to answer any questions about this once in a lifetime car. Please message and we can arrange.
I have bought a couple of cars on ebay and sold a couple of cars on ebay (sold a custom van last year and a 1972 cutlass supreme convertible about 9 years ago). Both of my car sales had great feedback and the buyers were really happy. I can work with you and your choice of car transport services if you are out of state.