RARE CLASSIC 1979 MERCEDES BENZ 300CD RUST-FREE BLUE PLATE CALIFORNIA DIESEL
- Location: Burlingame, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 300-Series
- Trim: 300CD
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 131,600
- VIN: 12315012003415
- Engine size: 3.0 LITER DIESEL
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Vehicle Title: Clear
1979 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series description
Offered for an appreciating new owner is this rare classic 1979 Mercedes Benz 300CD Diesel COUPE!
Finished in silver metallic over black, this 37 year-old Benz 123 chassis coupe has been driven just over 131,600 actual miles since purchased new here in the San Francisco bay area. This super original 99.99% rust-free blue license plate California has been owned by one family since new, It sports a nice running 3.0 liter diesel engine engine mated to the factory 4 speed automatic transmission, electric windows and sunroof, factory owners manual and stamped service book, original working Becker Europa II stereo, original color-keyed wheel covers with excellent Michelin tires.This appreciating classic Benz is being offered here with a clean and clear title and a VERY LOW RESERVE making it an excellent value for less than the cost of the sales tax alone on a new and quickly depreciating Benz coupe!
PLEASE CALL Evan at 650-350-8828 FOR QUESTIONS OR TO SCHEDULE TEST DRIVES AND/ORMECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this 1979 Mercedes is in good to very good condition overall with nice shine to the silver metallic paint finish. Is it PERFECT? No.There are just a few very minor cosmetic imperfections including clearcoat fading on the hood along with minor rock nicks, scratches and other minor blemishes one would expect of a car this age. Overall this is a very presentable nearly perfect 100% rust-free driver-quality specimen.
As I hope is articulated in the photos here, the interior of this non smoker car is in good to very good condition throughout. The lights, blinkers, horn and all other gages and controls function as they should.. There is some light wear drivers seat upholstery, the a/c is blowing hot, the sunroof is inoperative.
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This 1979 Benz starts perfectly, runs very well with far from blistering acceleration. The transmission shifts crisply, the suspension components are tight with a controlled yet supple ride and confident handling. and confident handling.
DETAILS AND $$
1. This 1979 BENZwill besold with clean and clear title. It is smog-exempt here in California.
It will be sold "AS IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressedor implied.I welcome prospective new owners to come see, drive, feel and inspect this car in person.NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully!
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.