Fully Restored 1992 Defender 110 Hard Top - 200TDI LEFT HAND DRIVE
- Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Defender
- Type: 110 Hardtop
- Trim: Rerover Backcountry Spec'
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 156,204
- VIN: 00000000000000000
- Color: Sahara Dust w/ black accents
- Engine size: 200TDI
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: AWD
- Interior color: Black and Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear
1992 Land Rover Defender Rerover Backcountry Spec' description
Rerover's “Backcountry” spec' is the ultimate Defender package for overland adventure. Whether you plan a journey to Patagonia or need the ultimate surf wagon for you next beach trip, this Defender is more than capable.
Donor Vehicle: 1992 Defender 110 Hardtop 200 Tdi (VIN: SALLDHAF7JA909245)
Overview: Complete body-off restoration with left-hand drive conversion and extensive engine and off-road performance upgrades. As-new condition; test-driven only since just completed restoration.
Engine: The 200 Tdi is widely recognized as one of Land Rover's most successful engine designs. Known for reliability, it remains a very popular engine among Defender enthusiasts. To further improve performance and reliability, we rebuilt and upgraded the engine including a Full Size Intercooler and Radiator manufactured by Allisport. We have also added a variable turbo to improve responsiveness over the rpm spectrum. The result is a >30% increase in torque and horsepower to improve cruising and off-road performance.
The complete list of engine work includes:
- New pistons, main bearings, camshaft bearings, belts, pulleys, timing belt, power steering pump, water pump, and fuel pump
- Allisport up-rated turbo, inter-cooler, and radiator
- Silicone turbo hoses
- Silicone coolant hoses
- Allisport aluminum expansion tank (The original plastic tanks have a habit of splitting because of the pressure from the cooling system. The aluminum ones are much stronger and more reliable.)
- Allisport aluminum engine breather
- Allisport aluminum power steering reservoir (Like the expansion tank the power steering reservoir often cracks after a number of years due to the vibration.)
- Re-timed and fully-tested injection pump
- New stainless exhaust
- >30% increase in HP / torque over stock
- New Ashcroft Engineering R380 gear box. The R380 was introduced with the later 300 Tdi and Td5 models of the defender and is much stronger and more reliable than the original LT77 gearbox. Ours also has a higher 5th gear to improve your highway cruising comfort. Ashcroft are known throughout the Defender world as being the best in the business for anything transmission or axle related.
- New clutch, transfer case and universal joints
Chassis: Recently replaced (<2 years old); galvanized and painted
Exterior / Bodywork:
- All body parts stripped, repaired as needed and repainted
- New bulkhead
- LED headlights, indicators and brake lights
- Masai blind-spot windows
- Heated front windscreen
- Heated rear windscreen
- Rear washer wiper system
- Stainless steel door hing bolts (Since the Defender’s body is made of aluminum it is virtually impervious to rust -- however, the original bolts are not. Replacing with the original steel bolts for stainless improves longevity.)
- Stainless steel wingtip grills
- Stainless steel bottom grill for extended nose cone
- New paint color - Sahara Dust with black powder coated accents / accessories
Interior / Comfort:
- New, updated dashboard. We updated the original with dash setup and center console from the 2005 model Td5. We feel this maintains an original look but improves functionality and ergonomics.
- New, updated gauges. We have also converted the gauges to the later digital gauges from the Td5.
- New Sparco R100 rally-style seats. Improves off road comfort without compromising on the road comfort.
- Lassalle headliner with insulation to cut down on heat through the roof as well as wind noise.
- New sound proofing on bulkhead, floors and doors
- Exmoor Trim molded matting system. (Exmoor trim are world renowned for their interior products for the Defender. This matting system cuts down on noise and heat from the engine and provides a finished look to the interior.)
- Bulkhead reduction. (We have shortened the bulkhead behind the front seats to allow the seats to recline fully. Adds leg room and comfort to the cabin)
- Cubby box between passenger and driver
- Heavy rubber matting in rear tub. To help with road noise and to protect the load bay we have installed a matting system in the back.
- Updated wiring system: replaces the original, fault-prone wiring system with an updated wiring loom. This improves reliability as well as integrating the dashboard and gauge upgrades.
Suspension and off-road performance upgrades:
- Terrafirma heavy duty springs and shock absorbers allow the Defender to be loaded to full capacity and still maintain off road ability.
- Terrafirma front and rear differential guards
- Terrafirma steering arm protection skid plate.
- ARB bullbar (With the capability to fit a winch this ARB bumper is a necessity to protect your vehicle in harsh conditions. We are able to fit a winch as desired.
- Raised air intake
- Extra fuel tank (Boosts range to 600 miles)
- Mantec chassis mounted spare wheel carrier (A tried and tested chassis mounted design that will withstand the harshest of roads and allows easy access to your spare)
- Hood mounted spare wheel carrier (A trademark Defender look for those trips when one spare just won’t cut it)
- Front and rear way bars (When your Defender is heavily laden the sway bars become essential for on-road stability)
- Safety Devices full external roll cage. (With this full external design, you do not compromise on space. The roll cage bolts to 6 points on the chassis and remains one of the strongest designs in the world.)
- Side storage lockers. (Originally designed for the military, these lockers are made to fit two jerry cans of fuel. We like using them to store tools and they provide easily accessible storage space for anything.)
- Front Runner gullwing side windows. (These Aluminum windows provide easy access to the back of your Defender. There’s nothing worse than stopping for lunch only to find that your cool bot has been packed too far forward and you’ll have to unload to get to it. With these windows you can easily reach in and grab what you need.)
- Aluminum checker protection plates (When you are in rough environments these plates give added protection to body panels and door sills.)
- Polyurethane suspension bushings. We believe that polyurethane bushings are the best because if you ever need to change one in an emergency you don’t need a 20 ton press to get them out like you do with the originals.
Wheels & Tires:
- Heavy duty Land Rover wheels (five) painted to match bodywork
- Tires - as shown or replaced per buyer specification