Land Rover Defender 110 5-door turbo diesel RHD - overland build! Trail-ready!
- Location: Salem, Virginia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Land Rover
- Model: Defender
- SubModel: 110 County Station Wagon
- Type: SUV
- Trim: County Station Wagon
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 121,789
- VIN: 11111111111111111
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 2.5 Turbo Diesel (19J)
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, CD Player, Sunroof
1988 Land Rover Defender 110 County Station Wagon description
1988 Land Rover Defender 110 5-door County Station Wagon - RHD
2.5 Turbo Diesel, 5-speed, LT77 gearbox, Hi/Low transfer box, center diff lock
Legally imported from the UK with clear Virginia title. All paperwork included and ready for purchase and transfer to new owner.
Own a unique vehicle for show or go. This thing gets lots of looks and positive comments, thumbs up, etc. and makes a unique edition to any collection. Take it to a Cars and Coffee event and you're guaranteed to have the only one there and lots of curious onlookers to talk to. It looks the part but has serious off road credentials as well. Right-hand drive 5-speed manual, all-time AWD with center differential lockers is a unique and fun driving experience. It doesn't take long to get used to driving on the "wrong side". The 2.5 L turbo-diesel 4-cylinder motor pulls great and is fuel efficient and will get you up a mountain or across town with equal ease.
Purchased in stock condition from NeoClassics in Richmond, VA in August 2015 (original dealer/importer shipped it over from UK). I performed all maintenance and upgrades to get the 110 from a fine starting point to its current state. There’s still quite a bit to do but I’ve had fun participating in a couple of rallies (MAR and URE) and it’s done very well (videos available). Smokes on start-up but then clears up. It’s a 25-year old truck and has some bumps and bruises present but overall, a very fun truck and is a conversation starter every single time you drive it. Comfortable and reliable enough to be a daily driver and capable enough to go overland just about anywhere. It’s been fun and it’s time to hand off to the next caretaker as wife wants new kitchen.
• Solid frame, cross member, and bulkhead.
• All door bottoms and rear door bottoms repaired with 18-gauge metal
• Turbo diesel motor runs well
• All lights, signals, radio, heat, 12V socket etc. work
• Shifts and brakes as it should
• Recent respray (but easy to see it was a cheap respray)
• Stereo and four speakers actually work
• Outfitted for the trail
• Some rust on each portion of body where front doors shut, see pics
• Surface rust on frame
• Rust on upper driver floor pan and side
• Minor rust on driver foot well, hole developing
• Driver side doors have cracking in rear corners
• Minor dings, dents, and scratches
• Steering wobble at various speeds (replaced steering stabilizer, panhard rod bushings and other parts but hasn’t helped).
• Typical oil leaks and leaking PS pump
• rear wiper and defroster not working (could be loose wire/connection – on the list just haven’t gotten to it yet.)
• sunroof leaks
• Alternator, Starter, battery, new rear fog light, new temperature sender, diffs and tranny fluid change, oil change with CAT filter, air filter, new custom exhaust from Turbo back, Turbo boost diaphragm (if you were behind me at MAR – this has now been fixed!),
• Brownchurch full rack with custom awning and rear ladder
• Rock sliders
• Curt 2” receiver
• D1 freestyles with 285/75/16 Goodyears and new lug nuts
• Front grill guard and bumper refinished with bedliner paint
• Hella driving lamps
• MOD gas cap and screened filler housing
• Rear spot lamp
• Front skid plate and diff guard
• Mantec snorkel
• Rover mats and cargo tray
• Upgraded 3-spoke leather steering wheel
• Steering stabilizer
• New OEM Panhard rod bushings
• SeriesDefender window vents
Extra stuff available:
• Windshield seal, CAT oil filters, used turbo and downpipe, MOD pintle hitch, safari guards for tail lights, original headliner (needs recovered), fuel filter, fuel sedimenter, glow plugs, thermostat and gasket, UK plates, repair manuals, import paperwork
Recent discoveries/Full disclosure:
• 1 soft spot detected on the frame while installing the rock sliders a couple of weeks ago.
• 1 hole in driver’s side floor board after vacuuming last week.
• Steering wobble at various slower speeds, evens out at highway speeds.
• Crack developed in windscreen on passenger side about a month ago.
Asking $22500 obo for everything.
Google drive with many more images and videos available...