Jaguar SR I E-type, XKE, Rdstr, 4.2 Ltre, 4 Spd Man, Chrome Wire Wheels
- Location: Excelsior, Minnesota, United States
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: E-Type
- SubModel: 4.2 Litre Engine, Manual 4 Speed
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: SR I XKE Roadster
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 84,000
- VIN: 1E13215
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: 4.2 Litre
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: Convertible, Leather Seats
1967 Jaguar E-Type SR I XKE Roadster description
1967 SR I E-Type
This SR I E-Type has ALL OF THE FEATURES MOST COMMONLY DESIRED by Jaguar E-Type collectors and that can only be found on the later SR I XKE’s. These Features Include:
- High Performance 4.2 Liter Engine
- All Synchronized 4 Speed Gearbox
- Triple SU Carburetor System
- Chrome Wire Wheels
- More Comfortable Seats
- Deeper Foot Wells for More Leg Room
- Stiffer Rear Springs for Improved Handling
- Improved Brakes
- Lighter Clutch Pedal Action, and
- Covered Headlights.
(Quotes from “ClassicCar Magazine) “The General Big Shift in Ferrari and Aston Values has had a Knock-on Effect on the Only Other Viable Classic Supercar----the E-Type”------ Today’s E-Type buyers want to use their cars, taking in continental tours or competitive navigational rallies, which is why the 4.2 liter XK-engined SR I has risen to the top of the most-wanted list. When Jaguar launched the E-Type three years earlier it had a less torquey 3.8 liter XK engine and a four-speed Moss gearbox, and it’s the latter that puts most people off on the 3.8 liter cars. -------- Good SR I 4.2 liter E-types have forged ahead in demand
The E-type Jaguar…known to Americans as the XKE, needs no introduction. IfEnzo Ferrari, a highly competitive man to say the least, declared it “the most beautiful car ever made”,that pretty much sets the ceiling in terms of praise ------ 50+ years later the E-type continues to be celebrated andhold its place in history.
The E-type was introduced to the automotive world in 1961after years of speculation. The brainchild of Williams Lyons and a passionate team of advisors and designers, it was aptly named E-type, as it was a clear descendent from the accomplished C and D-Types that had been dominating racetracks. Jaguar took what it learned on the track and applied it to the E-type.The monocoque passenger compartment, tube framed engine bay and tilting hood clearly came from the D-Type. When the E-type came out it exhibited 265bhp at 5,500rmp, a 3,781cc double overhead camshaft inline six-cylinder engine, three carburetors, four-speed manual gearbox, independent front and rear suspension, four-wheel Dunlop disc brakes with rear discs fitted next to the differential to reduce unsprung weight, and importantly, it has a fully independent suspension for all four wheels.
And as stated above the later 4.2 liter SR I E-type’s employ all of the features most commonly desired by collectors / investors.
In addition to being an engineering stroke of brilliance, the E-type was one of the most attractive, sensuous and evocative designs ever to grace an automobile chassis-as quoted by one automotive critic “sex on wheels”. As witnessed in numerous surveys throughout the years, including a survey done by “The Daily Telegraph”, the E-type consistently comes out on top as the most beautiful car ever built. The E-type’s design is an artful blend of race car and show car, not since the introduction of the XK 120 at the London show of 1948 had any sports car produced such a stir or so much favorable comment.
The E-type was also one of the fastest production cars on the road in 1961 at close to 160 miles per hour and held that record for many years to come.It’s no wonder that the E-type Jaguar has become one of the most desireable Classic Car Investments today.
THE SR I JAGUAR E-TYPE BEING OFFERED… is a beautiful Pale Primrose Yellow / Black Roadster.
This E-Type is acrowd pleaser at any classic car show you take it to, or main street you race through. You’re guaranteed to have a lot of fun everywhere you drive it-----and you’ll definitely need to add time everywhere you go for people to take photos.
Since rolling off the production floor, the car has only had 3 owners; and the third owner owned it for 40+ years. He did routine maintenance on the car throughout those 40+ years.
CONDITION IS AS FOLLOWS(Rated 1-5, 5 being excellent)
Note, I've been collecting and restoring classic Jaguars for 45 years, including competing in concours shows at a national level.With that said, I feel very confident in that my ratings below will give you an accurate description of the condition of the car. My personal website will show you the caliber of my collection; some of them are national concours winners. My personal website is wix.com/seepictures/genesgarage.
- PAINT --- 4--- The paint is very nice. The exterior, which was repainted since new, is Pale Primrose yellow which is the original color. It’s stunning.
- BODY SHEET METAL --- 4.5 --- Body is straight, and panels all fit well ---- better than factory new. There are no dents anywhere on the body
- INTERIOR --- 4---Nice interior. New leather seat covers, carpeting, and a couple other components were replaced making it look fresh and very presentable ---- ready for a show. There are a couple minor things that are not exactly like the original materials (foot well vinyl, dash top texture, shift-knob boot, removed chrome strip on lower door panels, etc.) but all look nice and would not be noticeable unless you’re an expert.
- ENGINE BAY --- 3.5--- Clean and detailed. A lot of new components under the bonnet --- beautiful porcelain exhaust manifold as shipped from the factory, beautiful polished aluminum cam covers and carburetor domes, etc, A couple minor upgrades (see below). It’s not a concours restoration but definitely looks good.
- TRUNK --- 3.5 --- New trunk kit, solid sheet metal, new knock-off hammer, new jack (upgrade)/jack bag, etc. The original spare wheel is still with the car but show’s it’s age ---- it does hold air and is functional.
- WHEELS/TIRES --- 4.5--- The chrome wire wheels are in great shape and the tires are also in excellent condition; it’s obvious the chrome wire wheels on the car were replaced with new ones at one time.
- TOP --- 4.5---Excellent condition; replaced NEW with upgraded Stay-fast material. It looks great.
- BOOT COVER --- 4.5--- Great shape; especially for being the original.
- GLASS --- 4.0 --- Glass looks good, new windshield put in
- CHROME --- 3.0 --- Chrome good but some patina due to the fact it’s mostly original thus most of it has never been re-plated
KEY THINGS DONE IN THE LAST FEW YEARS
- Engine overhaul about 25,000 miles ago
- Heater blower motor, and new heater core
- Rebuilt brake cylinders and brake booster
- New GAZ Shocks/Springs
- Rebuilt Differential
- New Clutch and U-Joint
- Fuel pump
- Installed CoolCat cooling fan system
- Rebuilt Speedo and installed Tach Conversion
- New Turn-Signal Switch
- New Voltage Regulator
- Upgraded audio - Retro-Sound Radio
- The front speakers were upgraded and fastened to the foot wheels.
- An over-flow tank was mounted to the firewall; this prevents coolant fluid from overflowing onto your garage floor/driveway, and alsoallows you to see how much fluid you have.
- After market windshield washer motor has been added (mounted to firewall) for improved fluid flow----original one is still installed andmay be functional.
HOW DOES IT DRIVE/RUN?
The car runs out well, and also brakes well. It also feels good going down the road in terms of handling. The engine sounds good, idles nicely and accelerateswell. All the gaugeswork well; temperature is normal when warm, system is charging, and oil pressure is slightly above 20psi when car is idling and approximately 40psi when the car is running down the highway. The engine compression is between approximately155-165lbs on all cylindersafter the car turns over 5 times.
Click on the following link to see a uTube Video of the car running, all of the gauges functioning, and me shifting through the gears. If you aren't automatically directed to the uTube video when you click on the link you'll need to cut and paste the link to your computer address bar---and then view it on uTube outside of eBay. Call me if you have problems seeing it.
The current NADA Book Value for a 1966 E-type Jaguar Roadster is as follows:
High Retail - $346,400.00
(increase of $27K over the past 6 months)
Average Retail - $136,500.00
(increase of $18.5K over the past 6 months)
See the following link for details: https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1967/Jaguar/XKE-III/2-Door-Roadster/Values
The MARKET VALUE continues to increase; very quickly for the SR I’s.
As seen by the description, and the photos, this car is above Average. The Reserve Price is set on this car WELL BELOW the NADA Book Value; IT’S PRICED TO SELL BY THE END OF THIS AUCTION.
This E-Type is an Excellent Buy and will allow someone to affordably purchase a highly desirable SR I E-type Jaguar Roadster. E-Types, especially the SR I’s, have been an EXCELLENT INVESTMENT over the years; their values have surpassed the stock-market the last 10 years in a row.
Any questions about this car can be addressed through eBay, or you can call me directly. My number is 612-298-5648. I will do my best to answer any questions you may have. OR IF YOU EMAIL YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION I WILL CALL YOU AND ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. I will keep your contact information confidential and NOT post it on eBay.
Throughout this auction I will be posting more information about this car as people call or send us questions; this information will be posted under the “QUESTION / ANSWER SECTION” of the Ad, or AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE AD.
I am open to offers throughout this auction and have the car advertised elsewhere --- so if it sells prior to the end of this auction I reserve the right to end this listing. If I don’t sell the vehicle prior to the end of the auction I may post a “Buy It Now” price toward the end; at this time the vehicle may sell quickly. So don’t hesitate to call me if your mind is set on purchasing this car.
GOOD LUCK BIDDING
TERMS OF SALE OVERVIEW
Upon placing a bid you agree to the following Terms: if you are the winning bid you agree to pay a $2,000.00 USD down-payment within 24 hours of auction close (i.e. PayPal), and balance in full within 3 days of the close of the auction via Wire Transfer. All financial transactions must be completed before the vehicle is shipped. A copy of the clear title will be emailed to the Buyer immediately upon Buyer paying the down-payment. The original clear title will be sent to the Buyer upon Buyer paying for the vehicle in full.
YOUR BID IS A BINDING CONTRACT PLEASE ONLY BID IF YOU INTEND TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE TRANSACTION!You’re bidding to own this car, not the right to look at the car. This vehicle is sold AS-IS WHERE-IS. This vehicle is an old classic car and is not being represented as a new car; but rather a beautiful classic car. Once a deal is made the Buyer is responsible for payment and arranging shipping.
Fees and Taxes:
Out of state buyers are responsible for all state, county, city taxes and fees, as well as title/registration fees in the state that the vehicle will be registered.
Shipping: The Buyer is responsible for arranging for shipping and responsible for all related costs. The Seller will see to it that the car is available for pick-up at a time that best meets both the Buyer’s and Seller’s schedule.