1965 Ford Mustang San Jose K-code FB (Shelby GT350R Tribute) Race Car
- Location: Colchester, Connecticut, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: HiPo (K-code) Fastback
- Type: Fastback
- Trim: HiPo (K-code) Fastback
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 21,850
- VIN: 5R09K160XXX
- Color: Guardsman Blue with White LeMans stripes
- Engine size: V-8 289 Cu. In. based, Iron Block & Heads
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Toploader, Close-ratio 4-speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Originally Parchment, currently Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear
1965 Ford Mustang HiPo (K-code) Fastback description
Price Lower ~ $1,500.00 and some NEW pictures
PLEASE NOTE: I will use this description area through revisions to communicate any change in End of Bidding, ossibly more information on the car, s well as responding to asked questions through ebay.(11-28-2015) A few days ago, n the earlier listing $50,000 was bid and declined; this before even knowing the extra items.
Local offers have been north of $55K without the associated items, nd declined. Low Ballers stay away "$40K"???
(11-28-2015) Seriously interested bidders will have to start above $60,000 to be considered at all - no exceptions
Detailed and/or lengthy questions feel free to call (860) 537-9183 Please leave a message with name, ull phone number, nd brief message. Also for those not wanting to use phone, arsenms2003 (at sign) comcast (dot sign) net
NOTE: Update in this car's mileage, rror in earlier listing. I began this car's build as I was selling my 1966 Shelby, hus the confusion. See photos. CORRECT mileage for this 1965 Ford Mustang HiPo Fastback is yes, 1,850 miles. The State of Michigan title lists 21,845.
* Although, ave all original interior, ront and rear seating, iper and heater assemblies, uspension, tc., o CAN BE returned to Street Configuration. *Original Ford VIN stamps in both fender aprons and has original Warranty Tag on Driver Door
Built in November 25, 964 at the “famed” San Jose Ford Assembly Plant Delivered to Bell Ford, hoenix, Z Originally, ainted Vintage Burgundy, urrently in Mark Donahue GT350R paint scheme Guardsman Blue with White LeMans Stripes
Original Ford HiPo (K-code) engine blown or removed prior to my ownership Original Ford Warranty Plate is with the car indicating that original transmission was a 4-speed manual and that the rear axle ratio was 3.50:1.Originally built in November 1964 at the famed San Jose, A Ford plant, here the foundations for the Shelby GT350s and GT350Rs were acquired. This Mustang HiPo (K-code) fastback was built about the same time frame some of the GT350Rs were being acquired by Shelby for conversion to racing cars. This 1965 Mustang K-code Fastback has no confirmed 1960s racing history to date, lthough previous modifications suggest racing usage in some form. Some prior GT350R exterior accessories as well as front and rear 2-3" fender and quarter panel flares. Subsequently, he original body lines and style have been restored. This being a 1965 Shelby GT350R Tribute has period correct modifications include: the GT350R front apron, helby GT350 hood, pecific "CS" Analog gauge cluster, luminum door panels, helby rear interior package tray, helby rear interior upper vent panels, ow back fiberglass passenger seat, 2" Kelsey-Hayes Front Disc Brakes, merican Racing Torque Thrust D 15" wheels with Goodyear Sports Car 6.00 x 15" tires, ire Extinguisher, nd cosmetic appointments. Safety modifications include: upgrade from the period original 4-point roll bar to a 6-point "discrete" roll cage limited to the immediate area of driver and any passenger/instructor, uel Cell, nd Electric Shut-off Switch. The Ford High Performance 289 cid Engine is long since gone, ither blown or removed before my ownership.
Current Engine Cobra Automotive built Race Engine completed and installed 2014
- Foundation - Roush Racing Iron Dart Block with “289 stroke” thus Vintage Legal
- Oliver Rods, nd JE Pistons
- Iron World Products Heads (Roush 200)
- Edelbrock Intake (aluminum)
- Road Racing Holley 750 cfm
- Carter Mechanical Racing Fuel Pump
- Current configuration dynos 481 HP
- Previous configuration with Racing Stepped Headers and Full-race Carb made 519 HP
Ford Toploader Close-Ratio 4-Speed Transmission (Complete Rebuild & Detail April 2014)
- As original, -1/16” Close-ratio Input Shaft and 28-Spline Output Shaft
- Professionally rebuilt to original transmission specs with David Kee Toploader Transmissions, nc. parts by Magnus Racing Products, anielson, T
- Any part showing wear was replaced with new parts, s well as, nstalling Road Racing Rebuild Kit.
- Tilton Racing Clutch, -1/4” Dual Disc with reinforced manual linkage
- Ceramic coated Hedman cross-over design headers to all stainless steel 2-1/2” exhaust with stainless steel resonators, nd side exiting pipes.
Ford 9-Inch Rearend with 3.89:1 Rear Axle Ratio (Completely Rebuild, etail, nd Install May 2014)
- Professionally rebuilt by Magnus Racing Products
- New Moser Engineering, 8-Spline Axle Shafts (26 and 30in. Direct Fit), 541H Alloy Steel with new pressed in 3” ARP Racing Wheel Studs
Complete MSD Electronic Ignition system
- a MSD large-cap distributor
- MSD Ignition System with dial RPM limiter
- MSD High Vibration Blaster Coil.
Note, riginal wiring very worn and spliced, o original-style wiring replaced (?American Wire Company products) throughout the entire car, or safety.Suspension & Brakes
- Cobra Automotive Kelsey-Hayes style 12” Racing Front Brake system
- Cobra Automotive Racing Front Suspension with Koni Shocks
o Now upgraded to QA1 Multi-adjustable Front and Rear Shocks
- Road Race Rear Leaf Springs
- Cal-Trac Under-ride Rear
- Shelby-size 10 x 2-1/2” Rear Drum Brakes with Porterfield Racing Brake Compound
- All new brake lines installed during buildNote: all new racing fuel lines with modified routing for safety, ver $1,500 installed.
SPECIAL Notice: This Mustang is also being offered for sale Locally, or detailed / lengthy questions and requests, lease call Mark at (860) 537-9183. Leave a message with name, umber and brief message and will get back soon.
Also note: All transportation, hipping, nd registration fees are buyer costs. Can assist with shipping information and contacts.
ADDED NOTE (Nov. 20th, 015) Noticed that some buyers might appreciate "Higher Resolution" Photos for review / consideration, lease call or email me AT ABOVE if you would like any further photos.
PREVIOUS Listing NOTE: "ADDITIONAL NOTE (Nov. 22nd, 015 7:33pm) Good evening, oticed that this listing was due to end Thursday which is a holiday for some. So, s to not interfere with holiday travel or other plans, have elected to stop this listing 24-hours earlier. PLEASE NOTE this Listing / Sale will now END Wednesday, OV. 25th at 1:32pm (EST) or 10:32am (PST)."