Twin Turbo, Big Block, Classic Truck, Hot Rod, Madness
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-100
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Customized
- Year: 1963
- Mileage: 50,000
- VIN: F100K384687
- Color: Silver Green
- Engine size: 427 Twin Turbo BBC
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Silver / Brown
- Vehicle Title: Clear
1963 Ford F-100 Customized description
List of details:
- Chassis includes my Dodge Dakota based front suspension with tubular control arms and needle bearing upper cross shaft pivots. Lower arms are tube with Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings, MOOG ball joints, TRW Coil springs (Full height) with plenty of room to lay frame if you were to change to air bags. Airbagit dropped Dakota spindles with my tie rod drops to eliminate bumpsteer, Bilstein shocks, Custom fabricated 1.25″ 4340 Anti Roll bar.
- Wheels and Tires, Currently has American Racing Torque Thrust II 17-8.5″ on the front with a Yokohama 255/40-17 tire and the rear is a 17-9.5″ with Nitto 555R 275/40-17 Drag Radials. I have an alternative set of Chrome steel wheels. These were built by Rally America and have 49-50 Ford 16″ wheel centers with 16-6″ wheel bands and the rear is 53-54 Ford wheel centers with 8″ wheel bands. Very nice chrome, have a bad set of Riken tires on the front that need to be replaced. The rears have Nitto 555R 275/65-15 tires. Both sets of wheels are included.
- Engine is very stout, and recently gone through with only break in miles on it currently.Consists of a 1989 GM 454 block. Stock 4 Bolt Main with ARP stud and bolt kit. Callies Dragonslayer forged 4340 crank, internally balanced and 3.76″ Stroke (427). Bore is 0.040″ Over and has Probe Turbo pistons, Skirts are teflon coated and have the crowns ceramic coated. Rods are Scat H-Beam with upgraded ARP hardware. Fluiddamper. New SFI rated Steel lightweight McLeod flywheel and Ceramic Street Twin clutch (easy to drive and not hard to push) activated by an externally mounted CNC brand slave cylinder and new Stainless Steel lined CNC master cylinder. Heads are Brodix BBO with mild port work, Cometic MLS head gaskets and exhaust gaskets. ARP Head bolts. Cam is a custom grind from Cam Motion (data sheet available) 288 duration at .050 and .640″ Lift. ISKY hydraulic roller lifters. Comp Pushrods. New Ferrea 2.25″ Stainless intakes, Inconel Exhaust. New Valve Springs and Lightweight retainers. Jessel Shaft mounted rocker arms, Jessel Belt drive timing set. Vintage Air FrontRunner drive system with Power Steering and AC. Intake is an Accel StealthRam and uses Accel DFI computer with wide band O2.
- Headers are custom built 2″ Primary with 1/2″ flanges and V-bands throughout. The headers are Jet Hot coated. Turbos are Powermaster T70 and wastegates are TiAl 44mm and currently running 15# of boost. Under 2800 RPM drives like a normal rowdy Big Block, past that you better be ready. The rest of the exhaust system is 3″ and has Magnaflow mufflers. Sounds healthy but not overly loud.
- Drivetrain. Transmission is a Tremec 3350 TKO Five Speed with the forward shifter installed. Driveshaft is a 4″ aluminum piece with 1350 U-joints on both ends. Rear axle is a stock housing 9″ to the truck, but is girdled and has a Strange Aluminum carrier with Daytona style pinion carrier. Strange 3.50 gear set on a Detroit True Trac differential. Strange/Currie 31 spline axles and Baer rear disc brakes. Suspension is a 4130 Torque arm set up with a panhard rod. Transverse leaf and Bilstein shocks.
- Fuel system is a fabricated aluminum tank, Holley Dominator fuel pump, Aeromotive fuel filters.
- Cooling system is a Ron Davis double pass radiator with Spal 16" and 14" fans controlled by the engine computer. Degas bottle and intake manifold Moon Temp gauge. Runs cool in most situations.
- Body work is mostly metal finished. Mods include the 1963 Mercury grille narrowed to fit within the F100 opening. Custom fabricated front bumper, and chrome grill surround. Front opening hood, shaved drip rails and rounded door corners. Dash has filled glove box and ash tray. Fuel filler and stake pockets filled. Body seams welded and filled. Paint is old, it is in need of a respray at this point. It’s House of Kolor Organic Green candy over Orion Silver base with touches of heavy sliver flake.
- Interior, ’64 Thunderbird seats on custom platforms. Center console is actually the subwoofer box and a custom fabricated arm rest to disguise it. Arm rest flips up for storage and charging ports. Has a Kicker 3 channel amp, custom fabricated aluminum kick panel pods with Polk coaxial speakers. No head unit, just use an MP3 Player or if your phone still has a headphone jack, plug in and enjoy. Flaming River polished Stainless Steel Steering column and Moon metalflake steering wheel. Vintage Air Gen III 4 Vent AC/Heat/Defrost tucked up under the dash.
Featured in Classic Trucks Magazine (April 2005), Street Trucks (October 2005) and several others. Can be seen in the Viva Los Vegas coverage on the TV Show Rides (Rides: Burbank Choppers Bad News) Set up to do long distance driving currently.
Has paint damage, rust bubbles in a few places including a large spot on the hood. Most all damage can be seen in the pictures included. The pictures in this listing were taken by Duane Hatton Photography on 07/15/2017. In other words, the pictures are of the truck in it's current state. This is an above average driver, not a show truck. The amount of time and money to create this truck again by a professional shop would be in excess of triple my asking price.