Before and after pictures
- Location: Washington, District Of Columbia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: 2 DOOR HARDTOP
- Year: 1963
- Mileage: 72,000
- VIN: 3Y83Z122757
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: 6.4L 6391CC 390Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear
1963 Ford Thunderbird 2 DOOR HARDTOP description
Located in Washington DC. This is a beautiful car with period details and room to customize it to your individual taste. The car was purchased as a barn find from El Paso, TX.
Just invested 6k to make sure the car was road ready, but the mechanicjust told me that the only way to address the overheating is by replacing the engine. It's been a great journey with this car but I'm not up for an engine replacement at this point. So, selling at a loss.
New gas tank
• Completely new interior—including headliner, seatbelts and thunderbird floor mats
• Car was re-painted to resemble its original factory color in 2012; has some chips and scratches
• New carburetor (will give you original carburetor as well)
• Heater (but no A/C compressor)
• New radiator servo tank
• Flowmaster exhaust
• New shocks
• Serviced rear end
• Two sets of wheels (original with new tires and aftermarket with 50% tread left.
• All four power windows operate from center console (no rear switches)
• Power steering (also rebuilt)
• Power seat on driver side
• Radio does not function
• Trunk is bare metal; no upholstery or carpet
RUST: Originally the car was from El Paso TX, so only rust issues are 2 inch spot in the battery box and less than half of a dime spot in trunk—rare for a 53 year-old car.
CHROME: Chrome has some pitting.
COMES WITH: Original carburetor, grill guard (not pictured), 3 original hubcaps (two of them in good shape and the third is cracked)and many other extra parts.