1978 Ford F-250 Long bed step side
- Location: Douglas, Wyoming, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-250
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: Custom
- Year: 1978
- Mileage: 135,582
- VIN: F26SLBD2212
- Color: Brown
- Engine size: 400
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Brown
- Drive side: Right-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
1978 Ford F-250 Custom description
PLEASE READ ENTIRE DESCRIPTION BEFORE BIDDING!!
For sale I have a 1978 Ford F-250 4x4long bed step side pickup truck. It has a 400 v8 with a manual 4 speed transmission, power steering, and disc brakes. I am the secondtitled owner of this truck. I haveall documentation from the dealershipfrom which it came from including lots oforiginal sale paperwork. This truck has Jacob'stoolboxes on the original step side bed that were installed at the dealership. I do have the originalfenders and steps that came onit from the factory and they are in great shape! They were taken off when it was new and stored inside all these years it looks like.From what I can see this pickup was repainted the original color sometime during the late eighties and has spent most of its time inside from then to now. Althoughit runs, startsand drives good THISIS A PROJECT TRUCK! It has some issues that need addressing and the final sale price will reflect these items im sure.
This is old Fordwas sold to a gentleman from Casper, WY late in the year of 1977. He bought it brand new and kept it all ofthese years. He was very adamant about saving every piece of paper and receipt that everwent with it. I have receipts from things as simple as fuel filters all the way up to the original sales contract from the dealership. $7,162.36 is what the cost of the pickup was new, and the boxesinstalled and painted to match were an additional$749.00 dollars.
This truck is in pretty darn good shape for the year especially since it waspresumably rigged up to be a workutensil. This pickup has air conditioning and it even still blows cold! I would have to guess that eventhe wood is original in the bed.She has her flaws, but these trucks are becomingharder and harder to find inthis kind of condition. With a little workit could really be a beauty.
- This truck needs a rear main seal. I bought it this way with intent to fix it however it just has never gotten done. I priced it here in Wyoming at a local repair shop and they quoted me a repair bill of four to five hundred dollars to complete this. I can provide a written quote if a would be purchaser so desires.
- It needs some basic carb work. Until the truck warms up it likes to die whenever your foot isn't on the accelerator. Pretty common for an older carbureted vehicle. The truck is still running a Motorcraft 2bbl which I assume unknowingly that it is the original carb.
- It has an exhaust leak on the driver's side exhaust manifold. A simple gasket would fix this.
- It needs front tires and the wheels have surface rust. As you can see in the photos it was apparently out of alignment at one point and has since wore the tires unevenly.
- It needs a windshield.
- It has some body rust. Its a 1978 pickup. It shows in the bottom of the cab corners and a little surface bubbling on the front of the bed. It doesn't seem to be an issue anywhere else just these two common areas.
- Not all of the lights work. Most likely a couple new bulbs and some love will fix this problem right up.
- It needs some light interior work. The gentleman that owned this before me covered the dash up with a sheet so that is in immaculate shape however it does have a broken driver's side door panel, a torn seat cover and the carpet that is in the truck is in great shape but the person that put it in was definitely not. It could really use some work to make it fit better.
These are the issues that I know about. I bought this truck to save it from an early demiseof an owner that wouldn't respect it and take care of it like it sodeserves. I have driven the truck maybe 20 miles sinceI purchased it in the fall of 2016. Im sure there are other issues that a person will encounter if he/she decides to do a full restoration or make it a daily driver. Just the nature of beast as they say. I'd like to see it get the attention it deserves and end upin a good home that uses it and enjoys it like it should be. If you have an other questions about the truck or would likeme to take other photos of it feel free to messageme and we will make it happen. Thank you for taking the time out of your dayto view my add and God bless!
Please take into consideration!!
- Within 24 hrsfollowing the sale I expect a deposit of $500. If you cannot make this happen feel free to message me and maybe we can work something out. Hey, it never hurts to ask!
- I will not pay to ship this pickup. That part of the sale is on the purchaser.
- This item issoldAS IS / WHERE IS!! I'm not offering a warranty. Obviously its just equipment. I cant guarantee its integrity for therest of its life.