1967 Ford Ranchero Fairlane 500
- Location: Falls Church, Virginia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Ranchero
- SubModel: Fairlane 500
- Type: Ranchero
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 20,750
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 427
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear
1967 Ford Ranchero Fairlane 500 description
1967 RANCHERO ... "427" ... SLEEPER
Miles: Purchased in ’04 with 18361 (actual unknown) & now with 20575 on odometer - VERY light usage since.
Engine: 8 - Cyl.
Doors: 2 doors
VIN Number: 7K48Z197821
Exterior: Blue - Metallic
This was a California car, built by a 72 (year old as a retirement project. It has about 11,000 miles since completion (including my use). It was (over) built as a personal retirement project. From his notes, here’s some of that he did.
ENGINE & TRANS:
- 427 CI (351 Windsor-based, stroked to 427)
- Aluminum heads with the BIG valves (SVO Ford)
- 55i Cam
- Crane Elgin Roller Tip Rockers
- 650 Holly Double Pumper w/K&N Filter
- Mallory Unilite Electronic Distributor
- New Radiator
- C6 Trans with Mild Shift Kit
- Power Disc Brakes w/Front – Rear Bias Adjuster
- Rotors in Front & Drums in the Rear
Suspension – Items replaced:
- Upper and Lower Control Arms
- Idler Arms & Bushings
- Powder-coated Elback Variable Rate Front Springs
- Magnum 5OO Wheels
- Class III trailer hitch (not-installed)
Body & Paint
- The body was stripped, blocked, and painted in Ranchero Metallic Dark Blue (but that was several years ago).
- The fit & finish is amazing. The trim panels & chrome is good to excellent.
- Stock and very clean – nothing fancy. It looks too good to be original.
This is a precision, hand built Ranchero. The idle is like mechanical music, nice rumble, not flashy or loud…just nice. THIS CAR DRIVES!!!
This Ranchero is a driver, a lot of fun…very smooth, crisp and responsive. It will go as fast as you want to go…a real sleeper, yet it looks like a stock Ranchero.