1985 Ford Thunderbird 30th Anniversary Elan Coupe. Preserved, 9k original miles!
- Location: Red Oak, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- SubModel: 30th anniversary, Elan, Foxbody
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Elan
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 8,601
- VIN: 1FABP46F0FH168714
- Color: Medium Regatta Blue Metallic
- Engine size: 5.0 302in/cu
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Medium Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear
1985 Ford Thunderbird 30th anniversary, Elan, Foxbody description
This is a Beautiful all original exampleof a 1985 30th anniversary Ford Thunderbird for sale, VIN#1FABP46FOFH168714. I had a ''Car-Fax'' report done on this T-bird, and the last event that reveals its mileage was a California State inspection in April of 1999 with 6,934mi. This car currently shows 8,601.5 miles on its futuristic for the day digital dashboard! This preserved 32 year old beauty needs to be in someone's collection or a museum! The only things that have been replaced on this fine example of a car is the oil filter, oil and the battery! Yes, the tires are the original purple stripe Good-Year Eagle VR60'S, although each of the tires are about 2.0 ounces out of balance, I believe that the car sat for an extended period of time with no air in the tires, the car will need different tires to be driven safely. The Wipers are even original. Air filter and breather original, brake pads original, rear drums never removed, Spare tire and jack appear to have never been removed from the trunk.
This car has neverhad its Medium Regatta Blue Metallic paint (or the silver for that matter) touched up in any way. I did have some paint less dent work done, and there are some minor scratches and chips that could be easily hidden with some good touch-up work, I felt that by leaving these blemishesas-is shows just how real this car is. There were only 5,000 of these examples made, all of them came with the same paint schemes and theblue highly optioned Elan interior. Upon purchasing these cars back in the day,new youwould receivea bunch of memorabilia (jackets, emblems, book, Uncut special keys,etc.) I do not have these, or any other original paper-work for this car, sorry(but I have seen them for sale, so they are still available).
Items that I have done to this T-Bird sense I haveowned it;
- The power antennae was inoperable when I got the car. The flexible drive shaft was broken in several places, I purchased an aftermarket mast, and modified it by installing the factory Ford end on it (Ford is hex, the aftermarket was round). Original part is included
- As mentioned above, paint less dent work was done. No large dents, appx. 6 small ones, all door type dings, center of car.
- Upon degreasing the engine, I damaged the air cleaner decal. I replaced this decal with a decent aftermarket decal. Original decal included.
- Upper radiator brackets were re-painted. These parts are galvanized from Ford, and paint does not adhere to them very well.
- The air cleaner intake snout was re-painted for the same Galvanize issue.
- The battery cables and the ends were restored. The insulation was coming apart, andthe ends were damaged. I was able to fix the factory parts and make them look new again.
- The undercarriage has been detailed. First the complete underside was cleaned. All of the bare metal was treated with rust remover (light rust) and then all bare parts were treated with satin clear. All of the factory paint markings and appearances have been retained, this looks like a brand-new car underside!
- The license plate trim frame that is currently on the rear of the T-Bird was originally on the front, mounted on a bracket. I Touched up this frame and mounted it as you see now. The front mount bracketand hardware were retained and are included with the car.
- I repaired the original left side wiper blade. The rubber wiper portion was torn from the blade, I bonded the wiper back in place.
- Completely cleaned and detailed this T-bird inside and out.
Issues with the T-Bird;
- The Wheels do have some corrosion, possibly driven ata beach in California? I cleaned the wheels, removing and documenting the wheel weights, and I clear-coated them to preserve there originality. The tires are out of balance as discussed above, I have kept the original wheel weights and are included in sale.
- I have no Ford paperworkfor this car. I do havea clear Texas title in my hand, but no ''jacket'' included in this sale.
- The interior headliner is starting to sag over the drivers head, not too bad yet though.
- There are some hard plastic blue pained parts on the interior that have paint issues. It almost appears that the paint never stuck, or the plastic de-gassed taking the paint?
- The ''service'' light is illuminatedon the dash.
- This car is currently not a ''driver''. I made all of my efforts to ''preserve'' this 9k mile car. If a buyer wanted to drive this T-Bird it would not take a lot of effort.
- Small paint scratches and some very small ''chips''. But you need to look hard for them!
I have made every effort to be honest about this T-Bird, and if there are any questions, orif an interested buyer would like to see more details in an area please call me personally.
Bill Elliot, Bob Glidden, Drag, Race, Fox, Mustang, Preserved, Preservation, Collector, Rare, Museum.