1968 Dodge Coronet R/T 440 HP Convertible Factory A/C HIGHLY OPTIONED 1 of 1
- Location: Avondale, Arizona, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Coronet
- Trim: R/T 440 HP Factory A/C Highly Optioned
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: N/A
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 440HP
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear
1968 Dodge Coronet R/T 440 HP Factory A/C Highly Optioned description
Hi there! For sale is a HIGHLY optioned 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T 440 HP convertible! There were only 528 Coronet R/T WS27 convertibles made in 1968, and even fewer with these factory options! This car is the REAL DEAL and has been sitting in a climate controlled garage since 1991 in Avondale, Arizona. This a true garage find waiting to be back on the road again! Perfect restoration project.
- 1968 Coronet R/T 440 HP 4-Barrel Convertible WS27 car
- Factory A/C WS27 convertible! One of only 63 A/C cars ever made!
- Matching 3 speed 727 Automatic Transmission with console
- Originally a 3.23 Suregrip car, now has a Dana 60 with 4.10 gears
- Original Light Blue color interior and Bright Blue Metallic exterior (repainted)
- Original factory rubberized undercoating on undercarriage
- AM radio with factory option rear seat speakers
- F70x14 Redline tires with steel belts from factory
- White horizontal stripe from factory
- Factory vinyl bucket seats
- Original power brakes car
- Solid floors and trunk
- Black convertible top
Car is taken apart but nearly 90-95% of the original parts are still there. The original engine is gone and now the car has a 440 with a 1969 RB2 casting in it. The transmission, driveshaft, and gas tank are out of the car, but included in the sale. Car also comes with an extra trunk lid, radiator core support, center console, and 440 heads. The owner since 1988 was attempting to restore the car, but had neck surgery in 2016, and thus was unable to complete the restoration.
Car was parked in 1991, since the owner accidentally advanced the timing too far, and a ticking noise started in the engine. Motor is most likely seized from sitting for so long. It is missing the back glass for the convertible top and probably some other minor parts. The cars drivers side quarter panel was hit by a motorcycle and has bondo in it. The trunk lid also has rust around the key tumbler as well. Other than that, the car just has some minor surface rust.
Please feel free to call me with any questions 714 39o 6168, if no answer, leave a detailed voicemail, as I may be at work. Car is also listed for sale locally.
Buyer is fully responsible for vehicle pickup from Avondale Arizona (ZIP Code 85323). $500 deposit required within 48 hours of auction close. Remaining balance due upon pickup in cash. SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY!
This car is being sold as is, where is. There are absolutely no warranties or guarantees being expressed or implied. The car has not been started since 1991 and will need work before it is road worthy.