1957 Dodge Power Wagon
- Location: Conroe, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Power Wagon
- Type: Truck
- Year: 1957
- Mileage: 5,000
- VIN: 83955647
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 318 Poly-Head
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Leather Seats, AM/FM radio with iPod connection, Winch
1957 Dodge Power Wagon description
Financing & delivery is available, call or ebay message for information on these or other services.
The Dodge PowerWagon. One of the most iconic heavy duty do-all trucks in history. It can drive nearly anywhere, it can climb, it can be adapted to run a variety of devices from the PTO and it has enough grunt to pull down an I-95 freeway overpass. The city council in Houston has been debating the millions of dollars it would cost to tear down the Astrodome for nearly 10 years. All they really need is my cousin driving one of these trucks and a length of steel cable.
These trucks were built to last and to work hard. Used and developed by the military and then homogenized into civilian variants, these trucks could be found on nearly every war zone and farm up until the 80s. Now they are one of the hottest commodities in the collector market. They rate on Hagertys' 'must-watch' list as one of the last years most appreciating unnoticed vehicles along with international harvester scouts and a few other under appreciated trucks.
No, it does not have air conditioning. It does however have a front windshield that will crank out to magically 'condition' the cab atmosphere to match the outside. In this case, fan speed would be controlled by the accelerator pedal.
No, it does not have cruise control. It does however have 'traffic jam' control by engaging the 4wd transfer case and shifting into low gear to simply crawl over all of the morons and idiots in honda civics surrounding you on hwy 290 at 5pm on Friday.
No, it is not eco-friendly. It is however a 'hybrid', because it is like driving a hybrid between a miniature semi-truck and an 8,000lb tractor.
If your looking for disc brakes, air bags and fuel economy, then this is not the truck for you. What this truck does provide is brute force. Its rough, its tough. You'll be hard pressed to find a place it cant go, except for maybe a townhouse garage. This truck does have a new hidden am/fm stereo controls by remote with an iPod connection to listen to your favorite music, in the event that your favorite sounds are not the whirring, interlocking mechanical gear noises that accompany this beast. In the event that you catch a tailwind and find yourself north of 65mph have no fear. The brakes have been completely gone through and are in top working order and will stop this truck just fine. The transmission shifts very well, and yes you are supposed to double clutch from 1st to 2nd. The transfer case was completely rebuilt and is in good working order. The axles and hubs were inspected and services. The engine is an upgrade from stock, a Poly-Head 318ci V8 50's Chrysler powerhouse with a 4bbl carb.
The glass is good and the windows work. The interior is new and all in black, including 4 point safety harnesses for seatbelts to make sure you feel secure in this American icon of rolling thunder. The cab and hood paint is pretty aged and alittle faded. The bed was added later and the paint is much newer. The tires are all in great shape. The electric wiper works, as do the gauges and the truck even has an ignition kill switch to make sure it stays in the parking lot where you left it.
This truck starts every time with hardly any effort. It is alittle rough, but they are not meant to be Cadillacs. This is not a $50,000 pristine example of a PowerWagon, this is an easily affordable one that you dont have to be so worried to scratch but can feel safe in knowing it will not leave you stranded. It also comes with the complete and functional MU-2 winch assembly. This is nearly impossible to piece together and is the most desirable option to have on these trucks. Adding one to a truck that doesnt have it can cost you many thousands if your even lucky enough to ever find all of the very rare parts.
This car has been stored in a climate controlled man-cave as part of a private collection for many years. It is in great shape for its age and is priced accordingly. It has been maintained and fairly easy to drive and enjoy.
Some of the highlights include:
- Rebuilt 318 Poly-Head V8 engine (bored .40 over)
- 4-speed manual transmission
- Rebuilt Rockwell transfer case
- Heavy-duty 4x4, real military grade work horse
- Complete MU-2 winch assembly
- Electric wiper
- Fuel tank was removed and RENU lined
- Rebuilt large core radiator for these blistering Texas summers
- New brake and clutch master cylinder
- CAMlock 4 point safety harnesses
- Aftermarket AM/FM stereo w/ iPod connection
- 4bbl Edelbrock 1406 carb w/ electric chokce
- Weiand high rise 4bbl POLY intake
- Military tires
- The cab body and hood paint appears to be single stage and is faded from age
- the overall body work is alittle rough
- The Poly 318 V8 engine prevents the use of the original winch drive shaft so stainless 3/4 DD shaft was used in place for the winch to be functional.
- Nothing else of note. Its mechanically in really good shape. Starts right up every time and drives well. It was used for personal enjoyment and driven locally for the last 6 years with repairs and upgrades being made as needed.
I have personally driven this car and it is as easy to drive as one of these truck can be. Please dont buy this for your 16 year olds first truck. It is an original car but steady enough on the road to feel modern. As the last of the big blocks, these are guaranteed to increase in value over the coming years. The truck drives very well and gets alot of attention. Very fun. What a way to enjoy your investment!
If you have been looking to get into these iconic American trucks but are amazed that all you can find is a rusted out cab shell for $5,000 or a mint newly restored truck for $55,0000, then this is the truck for you. All of the look, all of the function and a fraction of the price.
This vehicle is available for sale in other venues and we reserve the right to end this listing at any time.
We do consider trades in the specialty or classic category. We can also discuss payment terms or options. We are happy to try and make a deal.
Feel free to make offers, and if you have any questions please message or call 888-716-5333
- All checks of any kind are subject to clear.
- If you want to inspect the car set up an appt and do so BEFORE bidding.
- Make sure you have the approval or parent, wife or whomever else may matter before bidding.
- Deposits are NOT refundable. Selling on Ebay costs time and money.