Citroen 2cv The French Model "T"
- Location: Granada Hills, California, United States
- Make: CitroÃ«n
- Model: 2CV
- Type: 4 DOOR
- Year: 1959
- Mileage: 999,999,999
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: 2 CYLINDER
- Number of cylinders: 2
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: Convertible
1959 CitroÃ«n 2CV description
This is probably one of the oldest 2CVs in USA in Nice Running Condition. Just arrived from the south of France. Already, registered with a clear California title.
It hasn't been driven in the USA since it arrived from France. The mileage displays 1500 and I opened up the cylinders which shows no signs of wear so this might be the real mileage.
I also have a lot of information about the history of the vehicle from the original owner in France.
Winner must paypal $500 within 24 hours. The rest is to be paid by cashier's check and/or bank transfer.
Buyers are responsible for pickup or shipping. We can assist you with shipping (either internationally or domestically).
When the 2CV first appeared, it surprised the world by being a car stripped to basics in the extreme, by being out of fashion with its added-on headlights, and by its low price. (In 1948 - 1950, the price of the 2CV was about US$650, about half that of a Volkswagen beetle.) Only the CitroÃ«n name stopped the car from being thought a joke. But the 2CV had a surprising career. It received popular approval in the rural world for the go-everywhere suspension, was adored by the low earners for its unbeatable price, and loved by everybody for what it represented: a car beyond time.
- First presented in 1938 as the "TrÃ¨s Petite Voiture" (very small car - the TPV), but production was delayed by WWII, so the 2CV was not commercially produced until 1948
- Production stopped: 27 July 1990 at Mangualde, Portugal
- 3,872,583 2CV cars and vans made. Some claims go higher than this when variations are included.
- Empty car weight: 600kg
- Engine: 375cc 9hp, 65 km/h top speed
- 30 different berline models built
The 2CV was also made as a van (camionette/fourgonette),
and as a 4 x4 - the Sahara - with a second engine to drive the rear axle. Only 694 of these were built.
- During its 42-year production, only technical parts like the engine, transmission and brake-system were updated - the body remained the same.