1956 Chrysler Windsor Show Car by Richard Zocchi - Art Himsl - Jerry - Sahagon
- Location: Costa Mesa, California, United States
- Make: Chrysler
- Model: Windsor Custom
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: by Richard Zocchi - Art Himsl - Jerry Sahagon
- Year: 1956
- Mileage: 36,792
- VIN: W5675101
- Color: Tiffany's Turquoise and Aqua pearl
- Engine size: 331 V8 engine
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tiffany Turquoise and Aqua
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear
1956 Chrysler Windsor Custom by Richard Zocchi - Art Himsl - Jerry Sahagon description
Custom 1956 Chrysler Windsor Show Car
Richard Zocchi - Art Himsl - Jerry Sahagon
This is a rare chance to own an award winning custom masterpiece designed by Richard Zocchi, painted by Art Himsl and modified by Jerry Sahagon.
This beauty has been featured in several magazines and won numerous Best of Show Awards including the top honors at the 1996 Goodguys Custom d'Elegance Awards at the All-American Get-Together plus it took awards for Best Custom, Best Paint and Best Interior at the Oakland Roadster Show.
This customized 1956 Chrysler Windsor Coupe was created by renowned California custom car designer, Richard Zocchi, back in the mid 1990's. Over the years Richard haswon numerous prestigious awards at all the major West Coast car shows and in recognition for his excellence in creativity, design and workmanship, he has been inducted into six different halls of fame.
The award winning Art Himsl painted the car for Richard in a two-tone Tiffany Turquoise and aqua pearl paint with white pearl inset. Art (The Gun Master) is an inductee of the Grand National Roadster Show Hall of Fame and The National Rod & Custom Hall of Fame plus several other automotive halls of fame.
Most of the custom metal and interior work was performed by Jerry Sahagon of Jerry Sahagon's Custom Car Concepts in California.Jerry is a member of the Grand National Roadster Show Hall of Fame since 1962 and his creations have won countless trophies including six consecutive "Most Outstanding Custom Interior" awards at the Grand National Roadster Show.
There were many body modifications on the car including the chopped top, custom headlights, bumpers and more... The front grille was reshaped with round tubing and trimmed with the original stainless. The stock grille bars float recessed in the opening. The stock Chrysler rear tail light lenses sit in a molded housing made from round tubing giving them a frenched appearance.
Most of this gorgeous interior has been customized to blend perfectly with the modified exterior except the dash, instrument panel and steering wheel. There is too much to list for the interior but we wanted to point out that the overhead console is accented with stainless and the quarter panel trim teeth from a 1953-54 Mercury. There are even more trim teeth strategically placed rear of the quarter window. Check out the interior photos in the listing.
The project started out with a very clean and super low mile Chrysler that still currently has less than 37,000 original miles. Here is a partial list of how this award winning '56 Windsor was modified and is currently equipped-
- Two-tone two Tiffany Turquoise and Aqua pearl paint with white pearl inset
- Violet striping accents the lighter shade of aqua for the scallops
- Chopped top 3 Â¾ inches and the rain gutters were filled
- 1956 Olds headlights extended 1 Â½ inches with trimmed edges and Olds â€˜56 headlight rims
- Parking lights were removed and filled
- Molded and filled '50 Cadillac rear bumper
- Lower rocker panels were flared by using '58 T-Bird panels
- Extended splash panel
- Air adjustable shocks in rear with airbags in the front
- Wire wheels with 1961 T-Bird centers and chrome bullets
- Radial whitewall tires
- Door handles and emblems were removed
- Original taillights
- Door corners were rounded
- Reworked A-arms and dropped spindles in front
- Modified leaf springs
- C'd frame rails
- Customized interior has overhead console with '53-'54 Mercury quarter panel trim teeth
- Front & rear bucket seats
- Front & rear center consoles- the front center console even has a built-in ice chest
- Air conditioning
- Original Chrysler 331 V8 engine
- Original push button automatic PowerFlite transmission
- Power steering/brakes
- Much more
This show car is in excellent condition plus it runs/drives well and looks just like the photos that were recently taken for the eBay listing.
Call (949)642-7447 for additional information about this cool car or to set a time to inspect it in the Los Angeles area of Southern California. The buyer is responsible for picking the car up in Southern California or for shipping. We can assist the buyer in the shipping process if needed.