1978 Special Edition Silver Anniversary Two-Tone Silver Corvette w/Red Leather
- Location: Superior, Wisconsin, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Silver Anniversary Edition Coupe 2-Door
- Year: 19780000
- Mileage: 77637
- VIN: 1Z87L8S421855
- Color: Two-Tone Silver
- Engine size: 5.7L 350Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Antenna, Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: T-Tops, Tilt-Telescopic Steering Column, Sport Mirrors`, Rear Window Defogger, Aluminum Wheels, Leather Seats
19780000 Chevrolet Corvette description
(FROM WIKIPEDIA) 1978 C3 Corvette:
The "1978 was the Corvette's twenty fifth anniversary and all '78s featured silver anniversary nose and fuel door emblems. A new fastback rear window was the most dramatic and noticeable styling change giving the ten-year-old C3 Corvette body style a fresh lease on life. The fixed-glass fastback benefited both aerodynamics and increased the usable luggage space behind the seats while improving rearward visibility in the bargain. A shade was installed that could be pulled forward to cover the rear compartment to protect cargo and carpet against the unrelenting sun. The tachometer and speedometer were redesigned to match the new “aircraft styled” center console and gauge cluster first seen the previous year. Redesigned interior door panels were also new as well as an actual glove box was added in front of the passenger seat replacing the map pockets of previous years. .....
Two special editions were offered to celebrate Corvette's 25th year. Before he retired Bill Mitchell had suggested a Silver Anniversary model in his favorite color-silver appropriately enough-and it appeared as the $399 B2Z option package. The first two-tone paint option offered since 1961 it presented silver over a gray lower body with a separating pinstripe plus aluminum wheels and dual "sport" outside mirrors as mandatory options which added another $380 to the cost. .... Reviewers praised the car's classic strengths including its impressive straight-line numbers especially an L48/automatic's 7.8 second 0-60 time and top speed of 123 mph (198 km/h) and noted its more refined less rattling ride. ...."Make Chevrolet Model 1978 Special Edition Silver Anniversary Corvette VIN 1Z87L8S421855 Body Style Coupe (C3: Third Body Style) with T-Tops > Exterior Color Two-Tone Silver Exterior Material Fiberglass Interior Color Cherry Red Interior Material Leather / Carpet
- Silver Anniversary Paint
- Power Windows
- Power Antenna
- Air Conditioning
- Sport Mirrors
- Rear Window Defogger
- AM/FM Radio with 8-Track
- Tilt-Telescopic Steering Column
- 3-Speed Automatic Transmission
- L-48 350 V8 Engine
- Aluminum Wheels
Galleries:Full Body Gallery includes full body shots panoramas front back and both sides. Interior Gallery shows interior including console steering wheel and cargo space. Parts Included Gallery includes original engine parts Life Happens Gallery shows blemishes on body and seats. (We used a US quarter on a stick for size comparison.)
Parts Included:Books / Manuals / Documentation
- Documentation back to original owner including maintenance records.
- CORVETTE 50 YEARS by Tom Benford and Randy Leffingwell. Automobile Quarterly Publications 1977.
- CHILTON'S GENERAL MOTORS CORVETTE 1963-1982 REPAIR MANUAL NUMBER 28500. Chilton 1997.
- CORVETTE - AMERICA'S STAR-SPANGLED SPORTS CAR: THE COMPLETE HISTORY by Karl Ludvigsen. Automobile Quarterly Publications 1977.
- CORVETTE CHRONICLE by James M. Flammang. Publications International Limited 2001.
- CORVETTE SPORTS CAR SUPERSTAR from the Editors of Conumber Guide 2005.
- CORVETTE by Randy Leffingwell. MBI Publication International 2002.
- CORVETTE OWNER'S MANUAL 1978
- Jimi Hendrix Experience
- Jim Croce
- Joe Cocker
- The Who
Technical Specs:Transmission: 3-Speed Automatic Torque @ RPM Pound-Foot 280 @ 2400 Drivetrain: 350ci Horsepower: 185 HP Actual Mileage: Original Speedometer: 47941 Current Speedometer: 29696 Driving History: Not driven since 2013 and never driven in winter. Wheels / Tires: P277 / 60R-15 Wheelbase: 98 Inches
Terms of sale are as-is with no warranty. Auction winner has the right to review vehicle before finalization of sale.Payment: Payment is via PayPal only and is due within 5 calendar days after auction close. Location: Car is currently licensed in Wisconsin and is stored in Superior Wisconsin. Title: We guarantee availability of vehicle and posession of title which is clear with no leins or encumberances at time of sale. Title is clean. License Plate: Plates stay with original owner not vehicle. Delivery: Auction winner will be contacted at auction close for meeting location within reasonable radius; please email with questions. Feedback: Positive feedback left for successful bidder. Negative feedback left for non-paying bidders. PLEASE email with questions before bidding.