Chevy 1990 454SS - Excellent Paint, Quality Upgrades, 4 Speed, No Reserve!!
- Location: Kingwood, Texas, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C/K Pickup 1500
- SubModel: 454ss
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: 454ss
- Year: 1990
- Mileage: 98650
- VIN: 1GCDC14N3LZ234413
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 454
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: CD Player
1990 Chevrolet C/K Pickup 1500 454ss description
For sale is a 1990 454SS truck I purchased with the intention of keeping forever. I love this truck and I'm very sad to see it go but with 3 kids, the need for a bigger vehicle, and never any time to enjoy it I decided to sell it to someone who can enjoy it more. I purchased it bone stock in 2008 and gradually started replacing or upgrading components to improve drivability and looks. I purchased only good quality components such as the new 4 speed transmission and full stainless steel brake and fuel lines with longevity in mind. The engine was to be the last upgrade but I didn't get to that point so with the exception of the high flow fuel injectors and adjustable pressure regulator the engine is stock and runs great. Please have a close look at the detailed condition and upgrade sections below, I tried to list everything I could think of worth mentioning. Also take a look at the YouTube video URL below. Feel free to message me with anything other questions you may have.
I am not desperate to sell so please don't waste your time with low ball offers. I will consider reasonable offers and counter if we aren't too far apart. Thanks for looking!!
- New paint job, quality job by MCC Collision in Humble, TX (look up their Google reviews!)
- New tires, less than 500 miles on them
- Interior in excellent condition (replaced center console with custom console, I have the original center console and the behind the seat tray that will be passed on with the truck)
- Motor all original with exception of the upgraded fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulator, headers, and K&N air filter. Runs great with no smoke at all. Oil changed every 3000 miles.
- Dash insert where the radio EQ used to reside has been replaced, original EQ removed. (there is a nice aftermarket cubby hole accessory that can be installed here, or the radio can be moved here and factory center console reinstalled)
- Parking brake cable was removed during installation of SS brake lines (brake light stays on because of this)
- Replaced TH400 with high performance 700R4, 4 speed transmission with very firm second gear. (rated for 600hp, from Transmission Depot in Florida) less than 1,000 miles on this transmission.
- Lowered 2" in front & 3" in rear (springs in front, hanger in back. Rides firmer and feels more sporty)
- Replaced all brake lines with pre-bent high quality stainless steel lines, new pads in front and back (roughly 3,500 miles on pads)
- All fuel lines replaced with -6an braided stainless lines
- High flow in-line fuel pump and filter (mounted on inner frame rail, easy to access)
- All restrictive C.A.R.B. equipment removed
- Replaced gas tank with 15 gallon fuel cell in rear bed (plan was to mount this under rear of bed between the frame but didn't get to that project yet)
- Replaced front sway bar rubber mounts with polyurethane ones
- Upgraded fuel injectors and adjustable fuel pressure regulator in the TBI
- Headman headers and Flowmaster exhaust (no CC) with dual-tip right side exhaust (in front of rear tire)
- Replaced complete sound system
- Replaced center console with custom speaker box that doubles as an armrest and center console.
- 12" Kicker Solobaric driven by dedicated amp
- Vented style box
- Pioneer CD/MP3 player
- All factory speakers replaced with aftermarket speakers
- Car alarm with remote start installed
- Headlights and turn signals replaced
- K&N Air filter
- Includes waterproof truck cover
- Steering linkage replaced and hadwheelalignment
Values for this truck have almost tripled in the last 10 years. I'd rate this truck in the either Excellent or very close to Excellent based on Hagerty criteria for vehicle conditions and value.
- Dec 1st Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_fRrnTwyy4&t=35s *copy and paste this URL in your browser if link doesn't work
*This truck is for sale locally in Houston and I will reserve the right to end auction early.*The truck is very clean, but I will offer a professional hand wax and detail with a buy it now purchase and time it nicely when pickup is arranged.