1955 Chevrolet Bel Air/150/210 2 Door Hardtop
- Location: Beacon Falls, Connecticut, United States
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Bel Air/150/210
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1955
- Mileage: 14,143
- VIN: A55B140394
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 350 small block
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Steering, Power Brakes
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Front seat belts
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: All options listed in description
1955 Chevrolet Bel Air/150/210 description
1955 Chevy for sale is in overall great shape and runs great too. Custom mix of modern touches with some old school ones. Itâ€™s not your perfect show car with everything OEM but itâ€™s a real unique head turning hot rod!
Please carefully read every detail and examine all pics provided, as well as stop by (if possible) or hire someone to inspect for you. I can also send many more pictures â€“ inside & out including frame. In the details below, I have fully disclosed all information I am aware of about the car. Prior to listing for sale, vehicle was inspected and serviced at a local garage including tune up, minor timing adjustment and new high torque starter installed. (8/2/17). In the opinion of the service garage, everything was looking/working good and in great shape.
Please let me know If I can help you in any way with questions. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or feel free to call or text me at (203) 313-4350. I can also send many more pictures â€“ inside & out including frame.
- Car sold as-is condition.
- Serious Buyers Only. Please have funds available prior to purchase
- No trades
- $500 non-refundable deposit PAYPAL only. * Must be received no later than 24 hours after auction ends.
- Total payment due to seller no later than 7 days after auction ends. Final payment must be a certified bank check. (* car will not leave my possession until funds have cleared)
- Car is for sale locally and I do reserve the right to cancel the auction early for local sale.
- Title is free and clear and in my name
- Buyer is responsible for pickup or shipping
- Please ask any questions, stop by and inspect, have someone else inspect prior to purchase. It is the sole responsibility of the bidder/buyer to personally inspect this vehicle and be pleased with its condition prior to purchase.
General car Info:
- Runs, handles and sounds great.
- Recently tuned up
- I purchased car 2010. Has only 500 miles in last 7 years.
- Garaged all 7 years.
- Overall car mileage: Unsure, as speedometer was not working, but now fixed.
- *Itâ€™s not a perfect â€œshow carâ€ however, itâ€™s in great shape and the sky is the limit if you wish to go further.
- Reason for selling: Moving with no storage.
- 350 sb Chevy (not sure what year, but older & not a new crate motor)
- Engine mileage: Unsure, as I purchased with current engine (no info from seller/speedo did not work at the time)
- Aluminum heads and intake
- Â¾ cam & roller rockers
- New high torque starter
- Holley 4-barrel carb
- Excel distributor coil, wires and new plugs
- New TH400 automatic
- Reverse manual valve body (shift pattern goes from top to bottom: PRN123)
- 22-25 stall
- New B&M ratchet megashifter
- New Heavy-Duty Dennyâ€™s Drive Shaft.
- Brand new ford 9â€ rear end with 3.70 gears. Posi
- Flow master type dual exhaust
- New power steering
- New tilt steering column
- New â€œwater fallâ€ steering wheel
- New tie rods, idler arm and other steering components recently installed.
- New disc brakes on all 4 wheels
- Power brakes/new booster
- Front shocks: standard with coil
- Rear shocks: Gabriel Air shocks, with condenser in trunk and controller at dash. * The way it is set up now, shocks must be lifted with air or tires will rub on fenders (current size tire sticks out a little).
- Has a rear shock relocation bar installed (cross member provides a stronger mounting point for your shock absorbers on the inboard of the frame).
- New front and rear Hotchkis sway bars!
- Heavy duty leaf springs
- Traction bars
- Overall really good shape. Normal Aged, maybe a few tiny rust spots, but overall very sound. Frame is original and never sand blasted, etc.
- New front fenders
- Overall body is in very good shape, but could use a little body straightening/tweaking and new paint job if you wish.
- a few very subtle indentations on drivers door(so subtle I could not capture in photo). * Again, body and paint could use some work if you wish to make perfect.
- Very little body rust, but some rust/pitting in some door receiving areas on body and underside of body. (I have pics)
- Rear wheel wells professionally fabricated for look/wide wheels. The rear fender flares/lips match front.
- underside of body has some undercoating(done by previous owner/s)
- all glass in great condition. One tiny crack in corner of passenger window. Canâ€™t see when window rolled up. (see pic)
- Windows are tinted, but starting to show their age. Some subtle faded streaks in back glass. Some bubbling at edges of some of the glass (I have pics) Rear passenger window has some small scratches on tint film (I have pics)
- rear window inner-sills could use some new felt (I have pics)
- Looks great overall, in pics & from a short distance away! *However, up close you can see some â€œorange peelâ€ texture, a few edge chips, and minor nicks, etc.
- *Also, the black painted on back fenders/quarter panels (when they were cut) were faded into rest of car and not a 100% exact match.
- Entire car has nice clear coat.
- Wheels: Boyds Wheels. Vintage 5. Cast polished. Front 18â€, back 20â€
- Tires: Michelin Pilot Super Sport. (only 300 miles on them. Never did burn outs with this car)
- Interior and trunk completely redone! (minor flooring rust removed or repaired).
- All seats and door panels with new black vinyl.
- Entire inside coated with Dynamat sound proofing!
- New carpet
- Heater, fan and vents work fine! No AC.
- Original speedometer is now hooked-up and calibrated to new tranny/rear and works well
- New Belair dash/ trim.
- Has newer white roof headliner
- Great sound!
- RetroSound radio (modern features)
- Speakers: Kicker. 2 front and 2 back
- Subwoofer: 10â€ mounted in trunk
- Amps: 2 Alpine amps. One for speakers and other for Sub.
- New LED rear driving/brake lights
- New original horns mounted under hood.
- Has new electric windshield wiper motor (replaced old vacuum system). * However, currently not Working and needs some tweaking.
- Comes with a large bin full with many additional items, such as assorted new front-end parts/bushings, new emergency brake cable, etc. (I have pics)
- Comes with 4 new â€œFlat Stoppersâ€ great for storing car on, so tires donâ€™t get flat spots!