1968 Chevrolet Shortbed Stepside Chevy Pickup - See Video!!!!!
- Location: Cedar Park, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C-10
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 43,255
- VIN: CS148S137296
- Color: White
- Engine size: 350
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear
1968 Chevrolet C-10 description
1968 Chevrolet Shortbed Stepside Chevy Pickup
I've been working on this pickup since October but job issues are forcing me to sell the truck. I have over $20,000 into this truck. If you look at the 67-72chevytrucks website and search for "White Lightning" you can see the build thread. I bought this truck from someone down in San Antonio that started taking the truck apart but lost interest. The core of this truck is a brand new 350 V8 with 350-400 horsepower that I can professional built from the ground up by Parks Engine Service in Seguin, Texas. Parks Engine Service is an amazing shop that has been building everything from racing to diesel engines since 1974. I then had a shop that does classic car engine swaps do the full engine and 350 transmission install. Besides the engine break in that the mechanic did, this truck was literally only driven around the block a few times.
Here are just some of the other updates:
- • All new engine accessories including starter, alternator, water pump, power steering pump, and HEI distributor.
- • New professionally installed and welded exhaust. Sounds amazing!!!
- • Front disc brake conversion with Wilwood calipers, slotted and drilled rotors, pads, front brake lines, proportioning valve, and power booster
- • Rebuilt rear drum brakes including replacing the rubber hose and wheel cylinders
- • 2.5" CPP front drop spindles and new lowering shocks
- • 4" rear drop springs and new lowering shocks
- • New ball joints and tie rods
- • New power steering gearbox and Pitman arm
- • 22" wheels
- • New bedwood along with the metal finishing strips and hardware. I can't believe how expensive these kits cost!
- • New front inner fenders and cab mounts
- • New radiator support and battery tray
- • Replaced the rockers and patched the floors.
- • Painted with single stage Advantage Gloss White Urethane #703
- • Quick Fuel Slayer Series 750 carb
- • New battery
- • New fuel tank sending unit
- • New aluminum radiator and electric fan
- • New side mirrors and door locks
- • New lights and emblems
- • New carpet and I also put down underlayment for temp and sound
- • New arm rests, sill plate, door handle, and window handle
- • Temperature gauge
There are a few things that I didn't get to finish which is why the truck is not priced in the mid 20's.
- • It's hot in Texas so I was going to buy a Vintage Air setup and have it installed.
- • The paint job could use a good polish and buff.
- • The taillights and turn signals light up when you turn on the headlights but don't flash when you turn on the turn signals or brakes.
- • The backup lights need a new switch. If I have time this week, I'm going to fix this along with the taillights and turn signals.
- • I put in a new transmission speedometer seal (they call it a bullet) as the transmission had a leak from there. I didn't realize it but the pan gasket appears to have a small leak as well. I don't see any leaks from the front and rear transmission seals.
1968 Chevrolet C-10 Shortbed Stepside Chevy Pickup #farmfieldfinds - YouTube
Video will open in a new window[isdntekvideo]