1981 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2-Door - Nice Driving Car
- Location: Missoula, Montana, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Base Coupe 2-Door
- Year: 1981
- Mileage: 90,000
- VIN: 1G1AY8760B5104945
- Color: White
- Engine size: 5.7L 350Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: Leather Seats
1981 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe 2-Door description
Here is a nice 1981 Corvette we have up for sale. These C3 cars have been gaining in popularity and this is a nice driving example. This car has 90,000 original miles on what appears to be the original L-81 350cid small block. The numbers on the front of the block where we can normally check for matching numbers have been removed for whatever reason? All of the engine compartment accessories are original except for the exhaust manifolds and there are no signs the engine has ever been removed or changed which is why we believe it to be the original engine.
The car has had a lot of work performed to it over the past year to include new wheels, tires, carpet and a fresh "basic" paint job. We say basic because it does not appear to have had a final 'color sanding' done to it and there is a slight orange peel to it. But it is fresh and looks fine for a driver. The black parts of the paint are a matte black paint. The car was originally "Corvette Beige (50)" with Camel Leather interior (642). The new carpet is black and the seats have some high quality covers put over the original leather seats. These are literally seat "covers" that can be removed to reveal the original seats. Because they fit so tight, we have not removed them to determine the condition of the original leather bucket seats. We have the reprinted build sheet and window sticker from the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY as this was the first year of Bowling Green production.
The car runs and drives very well with new exhaust, new brakes, new wheels and nearly new tires with less than 1000 miles on them. The front end is tight and the car tracks nicely while going down the road. Here is a list of the options ordered with the car.
- Power Door Locks (AU3)
- Six Way Power Seat - Driver (A42) - Currently InOp
- Electric Rear Window Defogger (C49)
- Electric Twin Remote Sport Mirrors (DG7)
- Cruise Control (K35)
- Automatic Transmission (MX1)
- Aluminum Wheels (N90)
- P255/60R-15 White Letter Tires (QXH)
- Electric Tuned Radio with Cassette (UM6) - Now has a CD player
- Power Antenna (U75)
- Corvette Beige (50L)
- Camel Leather Bucket (642)
The mirrors work, but the electric driver seat is not working right now. There is also an after market CD player as well.
Here are the faults on the car
- Driver Seat is not currently adjusting
- Antenna stays up and does not retract down into the car when the radio is powered down.
- Battery compartment door hing is broken.
Beyond those items, there are a few other cosmetic things, but everything else works and the car is fun to drive. Not perfect, but a good fun driver.