RARE BUICK 1972 SKYLARK SUNCOUPE
- Location: Vancouver, Washington, United States
- Make: Buick
- Model: Skylark
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 113,109
- VIN: 4d37h2h147875
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 350
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: Sunroof
1972 Buick Skylark description
RARE 1972 BUICK SKYLARK SUNCOUPE. Rebuilt motor and transmission
Concerning its rarity Hemmings motor news says this “Just how rare is it? Buick didn't keep a detailed record, further confirmed by inquiries to the Buick Heritage Alliance. Conversely, a few "unofficial" sources list an array of production numbers: 3,943, 3,923, or 3,450 units; however, research among some well-versed Buick restorers and specialists has concluded that the Sun Coupe's production numbers fell somewhere between 1,600 and 1,800 units”
I initially was restoring and rebuilding the car for my teenage sons graduation last year, however it’s too much car, so we got him another one in the wife says this one must go.
Please note this is not a body off restoration, this is and was built for a good looking and performing daily driver. Remember this is a 45-year-old car and it shows in some places. However it still a nice car.
- The engine was rebuilt AC Nutter (he built NASCAR racing engines) and has about 150 miles on it. I spent $4200 (see pictured receipt). Buick 350s are known for their torque. It will pull out of a hole. It was built initially for my teenage son, so it has a mild cam in it. Put a different cam in it and you’ll see a big change of power.
- Transmission is a turbo 350 that was rebuilt at the same time as the engine. Cost $970.00 See pictured receipt.
- This car has a four barrel carb.
- This car has the bucket seats,they will need to be redone eventually, see pictures. The rear seat is in pretty good shape with a few wear marks.
- This is also a console car with rare tilt wheel.
- it also has a GS original hood, pretty pricey
- The following is a list of things that have been replaced or changed.
Now for the problems or issues that I’m aware of:
- Some interior wear, including, Front drivers seat has tears and some black duct tape. Door panels some carpet coming off.
- One of the rear tires needs to be balanced, shakes a little bit over 60
- As I mentioned the paint has some little chips in it and it’s not a show room paint job. Color sand and will look pretty good.
- The throttle cable stuck once on me and I had to hit the brakes tap it to bring it back - I would inspect it -- I have another one if you want it
- Trim for the sun roof top needs to be installed. It will be included
- Wheel well trim is included but I left it off, I think it looks better this way
- Lastly, rocker panelchrome trim hasn’t been installed yetit will be included
I have the original numbers matching motor, it was running when removed it was just leaking in the rear’s seal. I will in for the cost of create and shipping +500 bucks.
I have tried my best to describe this car. Look at pictures. Vehicle is sold as is. No returns. It's is not a show car but it is a good car.