1939 Austin 8 Convertible Tourer 4 Seater Extremly Rare Pre War Saloon BARN FIND
- Location: Henderson, Maryland, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Austin
- Model: 4 SEATER TOURER
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1939
- VIN: AP 77651
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 900CC
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear
- Options: Convertible
1939 Austin 4 SEATER TOURER description
1939 Austin 8 Tourer
Pre War4 SEATER SALOON
USA Export LHD Model
This was the first year for the Austin 8, When England entered WW2 in 1939, civilian production ceased with A8's manufactured for military use only. These cars had extremely hard use and very few survived ( less then 55 Military Tourer's and 45 Civilian RHD Models. When civilian production of the A8 resumed after the war, only closed sedans were offered, making the open tourer an extremely rare automobile. It is estimated that only approximately 4 LHD cars exist according to the Austin 8 Registry.
AS MENTONED THIS IS A SUPER RARE COLLECTABLE CONVERTIBLE, AS VISABLE IN THE PICTURES, THE CAR IS A GREAT PLATFORM FOR A RESTORATION. IT IS VERY SOLID. IT LAST RAN ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO, AND THE MOTOR TURNS FREELY.
THIS IS A BARN FIND THAT IS ONCE IN A LIFETIME THAT YOU WILL EVER SEE A '39 4 SEATER CONVERTIBLE - AND LEFT HAND DRIVE !!
Please see my terms below - Thank you.
1. $500 DEPOSIT THROUGH PAYPAL IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE AUCTION ENDS - NON REFUNDABLE - NO PAYPAL FOR FINAL PAYMENT
2. FINAL PAYMENT IN 3 DAYS - MONEY WIRE - CASH IN PERSON - OR CERTIFIED FUNDS ONLY . ALL FUNDS TO BE CLEAR BEFORE VEHICLE LEAVES.
3. CAR IS LOCATED IN MARYLAND ZIP CODE 21640
4. INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS ARE WELCOMED
5. I CAN ASSIST IN SETTING UP SHIPPING AT YOUR EXPENSE IF NEEDED. I WILL ASSIST IN LOADING OR ANYWAY NEEDED TO MAKE THIS A SMOOTH PROCESS
6. I HAVE BEEN ON EBAY FOR 18 YEARS AND HAVE EXCELLENT FEEDBACK
7. THIS ITEM IS SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS. - THANK YOU.